Relay (horn) stuck in relay tray

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

YleKyote

Relay (horn) stuck in relay tray

Postby YleKyote » Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:37 pm

Howdy. 1998 Pathfinder.

Horn is inop. Fuses are good. Horns work with 12v jumper. I tapped on the relay and got it to quickly honk 2 or 3 times with the right tapping. But the relay will not remove! I've tried poking with pick and small flathead screw driver all around all places and tugging pretty hard Working it back and forth in all directions. I don't want to break the relay tray. Is there some secret cuss word to getting this relay out? 😆

YleKyote

Re: Relay (horn) stuck in relay tray

Postby YleKyote » Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:58 pm

Horn didn't work. Was relay. But it would not come out. Apparently one of those lifetime relay specials, lol. So I tugged, poked, pryed, and cranked, and whacked it over 2 short sessions. Still, she was not coming out to play. So I tugged harder, and then whacked her harder with vice grips pliers. Like magic, after I disconnected the battery to get serious, she knew I was not going away. She honked like a patriot. No batteries or relays were hurt in the making of this informational 10 second video that may not upload. Murika...with a side of whack. 😆

Return to “General Automotive”