Just a RAVE to my 09'

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

NWPathfinder

Just a RAVE to my 09'

Postby NWPathfinder » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:35 am

My Daughter just moved away to another province for College. We took our Pathfinder, packed it with all her personal items that she wanted to bring, even put a ski box on top and packed it full as well. 2800 kms total trip, through the Rockies in both directions and it was an almost flawless trip. 3 days into the trip I threw a P0340 code. Upon researching it and finding the right Youtube video on how to replace the bad Cam Shaft sensor. I ordered the part, spent 40 min laying on top of my engine, yes you literally have to lay on the top to get to the damn things, and we were back on the road. I actually replaced both sensors, just in case.

So, happy that my Dad always said pack tools when you travel!!!

Anyways, just raving about a fantastic trip with a wonderful vehicle! Also, wanted to say, somehow we got amazing mileage on this trip, I guess the higher speed really does make a difference. I kept the revs as best I could around 2000 RPM, anything more and it just seemed like it was screaming!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Just a RAVE to my 09'

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:46 pm

NWPathfinder wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:35 am
My Daughter just moved away to another province for College. We took our Pathfinder, packed it with all her personal items that she wanted to bring, even put a ski box on top and packed it full as well. 2800 kms total trip, through the Rockies in both directions and it was an almost flawless trip. 3 days into the trip I threw a P0340 code. Upon researching it and finding the right Youtube video on how to replace the bad Cam Shaft sensor. I ordered the part, spent 40 min laying on top of my engine, yes you literally have to lay on the top to get to the damn things, and we were back on the road. I actually replaced both sensors, just in case.

Anyways, just raving about a fantastic trip with a wonderful vehicle! Also, wanted to say, somehow we got amazing mileage on this trip, I guess the higher speed really does make a difference. I kept the revs as best I could around 2000 RPM, anything more and it just seemed like it was screaming!
Awesome!
Glad to hear it.
This is what the Pathfinder is all about! :D

TooMuchControl

Postby TooMuchControl » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:04 pm

NWPathfinder wrote:
Amazing on how many of us have had this code in the past month.

On the spot repair and know-how is what this place assists with. Well done!

I would love to do a trip like this, alas on the east I just do not have this type of action!

NWPathfinder

Postby NWPathfinder » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:46 pm

TooMuchControl wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:04 pm
NWPathfinder wrote:
Amazing on how many of us have had this code in the past month.

On the spot repair and know-how is what this place assists with. Well done!

I would love to do a trip like this, alas on the east I just do not have this type of action!
I wonder if it's an age/mileage thing and that's why we are all getting this code???

Return to “R51 General Chat”