Best thing I ever did

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

outoforder

Best thing I ever did

Postby outoforder » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:19 pm

If you drive an older pathy, xterra or frontier, you’ve undoubtedly had trouble with the gosh darn clip/spring inside the gas door. Well after years of struggling/replacing and such I believe I’ve finally found a permanent solution. After struggling to install a new clip, I found a video online of a man who used magnets inside the door. I bought a pack of ceramic disc magnets at Home Depot, removed the 2 rubber stoppers on the door with needle nose pliers, and glued on the magnets. It’s a perfect solution as far as I can tell. The door sits flush to the body and still opens the same way as before. Hopefully this lasts the remaining life of my 05! 183 K!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Best thing I ever did

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:24 am

outoforder wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:19 pm
If you drive an older pathy, xterra or frontier, you’ve undoubtedly had trouble with the gosh darn clip/spring inside the gas door. Well after years of struggling/replacing and such I believe I’ve finally found a permanent solution. After struggling to install a new clip, I found a video online of a man who used magnets inside the door. I bought a pack of ceramic disc magnets at Home Depot, removed the 2 rubber stoppers on the door with needle nose pliers, and glued on the magnets. It’s a perfect solution as far as I can tell. The door sits flush to the body and still opens the same way as before. Hopefully this lasts the remaining life of my 05! 183 K!
Thanks for the tip!
I am sure it will be in handy some of us . 8)

AS_The_Crow_Flys

Postby AS_The_Crow_Flys » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:49 am

outoforder wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:19 pm
If you drive an older pathy, xterra or frontier, you’ve undoubtedly had trouble with the gosh darn clip/spring inside the gas door.
Yup... i just sort persuaded it to get a little tighter and then gently persuade it to do what it want. Hum,... now that I think of it, I wonder if that would work for other things.

wbruner

Postby wbruner » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:58 am

I did this after reading your post! I no longer look like an idiot driving down the road with my fuel door open. :D

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:58 pm

wbruner wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:58 am
I did this after reading your post! I no longer look like an idiot driving down the road with my fuel door open. :D
Haha Thats great!
TheNissanPath FTW! 8)

outoforder

Postby outoforder » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:26 pm

wbruner wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:58 am
HAHA that’s awesome.

wbruner

Postby wbruner » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:24 am

Just an update! Still holding strong and I have shared with several other owners and they love it too.

outoforder

Postby outoforder » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:25 am

Mine is still holding up as well-glad to hear you are spreading the word!

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”