Odometer Display Disappeared

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

jimili06

Odometer Display Disappeared

Postby jimili06 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:23 pm

Hey there,

I took out the instrument cluster so I could change out some bulbs on my 07 Pathfinder SE. I made a very big mistake and started the car to move it down the driveway so my wife could get out without putting the cluster back in. When I did re-install it, the odometer, trip, DTE display is now blank.

I tried disconnecting the battery and discharging the system multiple times (pumping the breaks, waiting for a few hours, etc.) but nothing worked for getting the display to work again.

Has anyone had this problem before, or know the trick on how to get the display back?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

TooMuchControl

Re: Odometer Display Disappeared

Postby TooMuchControl » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:39 pm

you didn't state if you tried to drive it and restart it?
The mileage is kept in the display...if what I recall from Xterra forums.

You have power on the display - meaning - do other gauges works in the display cluster, and is the display lit up orange, with no data, etc.

long shot, but did you hold in and press the reset stick for 10 seconds.

jimili06

Postby jimili06 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:42 am

I did restart it and drive it after putting the cluster back in. The display is lit up bright orange as is always has been, but there is nothing on the display. All the other gauges work, so there is power to the cluster. It is just the odometer that is giving me issues.

I didn't try the reset button trick, but I will give it a shot!!!!!!

Thanks!

VStar650CL

Postby VStar650CL » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:42 am

I don't recall ever having a Pathy cluster apart, but most of those LCD displays are connected to the mainboard with either ZIF connectors or soldered pins. When they fail, it's usually a problem with the ZIF being dirty or unseated in the former case, or a broken solder joint which can be fixed by retouching in the latter. It's very doubtful you caused the problem externally. Whatever occurred, chances are it happened from jostling during the removal.

Return to “R51 Electrical”