Victory Nissan Chesapeake Virginia

Discuss your dealer buying and servicing experiences here. And just the facts mam, let's keep the libel to a minimum please.

Moderator: volvite

deefish

Victory Nissan Chesapeake Virginia

Postby deefish » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:56 pm

Hey All, Just wanted to give a quick review of Victory Nissan in Chesapeake Virginia.

This was my first visit there. I just bought a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE from another dealer.

It only came with a single key and no Key fobs. I had read about how expensive those are from the dealer, so I went on Ebay and got two keys and two key fobs for around $80 total.

I programed the key fobs myself to save the $18 or so dollars they charge at the dealership.

Since I could not program the keys myself, I decided to go ahead and pay for the closest dealership to do it for me and to also cut the blank keys. So I called them first to check the price. They stated that the key would be cut for no charge and that the programing would be $49.95, but that they could not garrentee them since they were purchased elsewhere.

So, I went down to the service department and dropped it off for the keys to be cut and programed with also a state inspection. They told me it would be just over an hour.

I went to lunch for an hour and came back. I check in with them to see if it was ready. They said no, but they would call me when it was. So I went to the lounge to watch crappy judge shows and read crappy magazines.

After about 2 1/2 hours total of time they had the Pathy, I got impatient and went and asked what was going on. The representative said he would check on it.

He came back in a bit and apologized profusely saying that there was a mix up. After pressing him for what had happened he told me that the mechanic had screwed up and grabbed the wrong work order. He got one that was in for an oil change. My rep said that he gave him the right one and that they would not charge me for the oil and filter (of course) and that he would not charge me for the state inspection either ($16). He said it would be another 30 minutes. After 30 he had it ready and rang me up. He also offered to wash it for me too. I declined as I needed to go.

Overall I am impressed with Victory Nissan. They rep was very nice and he comped stuff without me asking or complaining. Even though it took 3 hours to just get an inspection and keys cut and programed, I went home happy.

I definitely would go there again for service. Now It could be different with another rep or visit, but so far I would recommend them.

They could stand to get a better collection of reading material :)

Cheers,
Deefish

Return to “Praise or Postal?”