what do you want from us????

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

cruzstyle

what do you want from us????

Postby cruzstyle » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:49 am

what things would you as members like to see from the moderators and admin?

i have started the how-to listing so far. what do you guys think of this? is it a good thing a bad thing, a waste of time?? let me know

would you like to see more quick reference list? things that have general information on it like bolt pattern, tire size, bulb sizes, oil types, oil filters. stuff like that? please let us know how we can make this site better. we are slowly because a great force in the Nissan pathfinder world and want to do everything we can to make this site bigger and better for you the people.

*note this post will not be permanent. once a general feel of what is wanted this post will be removed to help keep clutter down, thanks you

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:03 pm

Sticky threads would be great, such as all the post heavy threads (OME lift, etc.).

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:26 pm

so would this sticky be like a general info sticky??? i would like to avoid having 20 sticky's as soon as you go to a section

Tez

Postby Tez » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:06 am

Instead of a bunch of stickies, the factual information could be better organized with a Wiki. They are easy to setup and I'd be willing to help maintain it. I'm an admin on other boards and have worked with wikis often. Like a few other people here computers are how I make my living.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:30 am

cruzstyle wrote:so would this sticky be like a general info sticky??? i would like to avoid having 20 sticky's as soon as you go to a section
I was thinking more along the lines of the threads that have multiple pages of info, such as those that include descriptive instructions and photos. I know I've had a hard time finding things in the past, and I know others have started new threads without having found the previous threads. I would say there are only a handful of really big threads out there, and definiitely not in every section. Tez's idea with the Wiki is also a good one.

One other related thought: just have one sticky thread per section that is more of a curtailed FAQ, but with links to the appropriate threads.

sveintore

Postby sveintore » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:44 am

NVSteve wrote:One other related thought: just have one sticky thread per section that is more of a curtailed FAQ, but with links to the appropriate threads.
What he said :)

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:29 am

i think the how to thread is what you are talking about it has all the detailed threads that i have been able to find so far that have detailed info and pictures. if theres ever a thread you come across that you want to see added to it just PM me and ill take care of that

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:33 pm

Exactly what I was thinking of, although I never saw it until you pointed it out. Maybe it just doesn't jump out at me as being something I want to read. I don't know. Maybe change the name of that sticky to something a bit more catchy? I know if you put "boobs" somewhere in the title that we'd have everyone clicking on it. :wink:

kev1n

Postby kev1n » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:48 pm

i love the how-to section and I love the manuals post as well. Perhaps a informational post regarding the differences 2005-2010 year by year ? IAlso a list of available optins for each year ? It would probably useful for people looking to research pathfinders and happen upon this site.

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:50 am

there is little i can think of to improve this fantastic site for us Pathfinder purists.

the only thing that could be of service may be to put up a resources page/thread that compiles the seemingly small amount of known after market parts, pieces, accessories, and manufacturers for the specific model years of Pathfinders. sort of a marketplace, but not really to advertise as much as to utilize.

also, maybe integration of known issues with the specific model years including but not limited to things like factory recalls, safety issues, tech bulletins, field service memos, etc. i dont know how accessible some of this stuff is, but with the wealth of knowledge found in this site, im sure there are some things that people would like to know about.

great job guys, keep it up. :D

Suliman

Postby Suliman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:10 am

Known Recalls and TSBs would be nice to know as well, such as the fuel sending unit and the crash zone sensor. Links to the actual recalls and TSBs would be great as well.

Example:
Vehicle Make / Model: Model Year(s):
NISSAN / FRONTIER 2005-2009
NISSAN / PATHFINDER 2005-2009
NISSAN / XTERRA 2005-2009
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 08V690000
Summary:
NISSAN IS RECALLING 242,720 MY 2005-2009 PATHFINDER, FRONTIER AND XTERRA VEHICLES ORIGINALLY SOLD IN OR CURRENTLY REGISTERED IN THE STATES OF CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, ILLINOIS, INDIANA, IOWA, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, VERMONT, WEST VIRGINIA, WISCONSIN, AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. IN THOSE AREAS OF THE COUNTRY WHICH USE HEAVY CONCENTRATIONS OF ROAD SALT IN THE WINTER, A MIXTURE OF SNOW/WATER AND SALT CAN ENTER INTO THE FRONT CRASH ZONE SENSOR (CZS) HOUSING. IF THIS OCCURS, THE CZS MAY INTERNALLY RUST RESULTING IN A SIGNAL INTERRUPTION. IF THIS HAPPENS, THE RED AIR BAG WARNING LIGHT WILL ILLUMINATE TO ALERT THE VEHICLE OPERATOR.
Consequence:
THIS ISSUE COULD RESULT IN THE NON-DEPLOYMENT OF THE DRIVER AND PASSENGER FRONT AIR BAGS IN A CRASH, INCREASING THE RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FRONT CZS WITH A REDESIGNED SENSOR. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JANUARY 26, 2009. OWNERS IN THE OTHER STATES WILL RECEIVE EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE FOR THE SENSOR TO 10 YEARS. THESE OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE WARRANTY EXTENSION BY MAIL AND WILL RECEIVE A STICKER TO PLACE IN THEIR WARRANTY BOOKLET EXPLAINING THE EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE. OWNERS MAY CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261.
Notes:
CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .

Somber Goat

Postby Somber Goat » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:38 pm

What about the ability to subscribe to certain threads, like a bookmark. Unless that functionality is already there and i'm missing it.

VenezuelanPath

Postby VenezuelanPath » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:28 pm

I would like to have a sort of Profile page, like a link to a page inside this website so we can put a Profile of our Path's

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:26 am

I'd like to see RSS feeds implemented. I use it for easy reading on all my other messageboards. It allows me to keep track of new posts and even sync them through to my Windows Mobile phone to read on the go.

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:56 am

VenezuelanPath wrote:I would like to have a sort of Profile page, like a link to a page inside this website so we can put a Profile of our Path's
I have seen other car forums that had a "garage" area for the subscribers to post their rides. It was a charted list with a break down of year, model, drive train, wheel/tire size, number of mods, etc.
You could click on anyones car and see more of a breakdown with photos, specs, etc. of that individual's vehicle.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”