Floor and Cargo mats

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

cbacarisse

Floor and Cargo mats

Postby cbacarisse » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:29 pm

How do the Nissan rubber mats (front, 2nd row, cargo) compare to the weathertech mats.
I'm not crazy about the laser cut ones, but the regular ones dont seem to cover the whole floor area for the 2nd row. I will never use the 3rd row seating.

Stew

Postby Stew » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:58 pm

I just picked up the weathertech cargo liner, and was looking into getting the digital fit ones for the front and 2nd row. Any particular reason your against those? Anybody here have a bad experience with em, bad reviews? The price is the only thing holding me up.

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:04 pm

I had a set on an older explorer and didn't like the way the sides came up. I prefer them to lay flat.

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:03 pm

I have a set of the rubber Nissan mats for my pathfinder and I think they're awesome. They're very sturdy and perfectly fit the front and second rows. They are well made. To clean them, I take them out and hose them down and clean them with a brush.

I also have a Husky cargo mat. The mat is made out of harder plastic compound than the Nissan mats. It comes rolled up in a big box. To install it you spread it out in the back of the truck and weigh the corners down with some books or a six pack of beer or something until it straightens out. Included with the package is some velcro which you stick to the cargo floor and underneath the mat. The mat is awesome. Fits well and protects the rear floor from everything including my two labs. I do find that stuff does roll around in the back if it's not tied down. Over all it's a winner for about $80.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:22 am

You can see pictures of the Husky ones in my signatiure below... I think they are GREAT!!!!!!...... Triffid
Last edited by Triffid on Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skywhr

Postby skywhr » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:52 am

I love the weathertech mats

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:36 am

I've seen the weathertech mats and they're great. I went with Husky because they were much cheaper at the time.

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:01 pm

Triffid wrote:You can see pictures of the Weathertech ones in my signatiure below... I think they are GREAT!!!!!!...... Triffid
All I see are the Husky ones. Am I missing them?

cbacarisse

Postby cbacarisse » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:06 pm

DO the second row cover the entire row like the factory ones do, or are they samll and only cover the foot area? I'm not referring to the digital cut ones.

Junior

Postby Junior » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:40 pm

I second the Husky mats. I had them in my Jeep and they were great...already ordered a full set for the Pathfinder.

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:12 pm

The second row of Nissan mat is a one piece mat that covers all across the second row.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:10 pm

The Nissan rubber mats are not at all durable. I bought a set shortly after buying my '06 LE. The driver's mat has all but worn through at the heal area (after only 25K miles). They are covered in a very thin layer of smooth, glossy rubber, which wears off in a couple of months, leaving the raw, dull rubber underneath exposed. I wouldn't buy the damn things again on a bet. My WeatherTech rear cargo liner has been far more durable.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:34 pm

i've used my Nissan rubber mats for over 45,000 miles in the SE-OR. No appreciable wear at all!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:23 am

SilverGhost wrote:The Nissan rubber mats are not at all durable.
Ghost, do you drive around with golf shoes all the time? My experience has been completely the opposite. The Nissan rubber mats I have in the front and 2nd rows have been awesome for 31k, and still look like they are new. If I have to replace them, I'm going with the Nissan mats again.

I have the weathertech in the rear (cargo), and it has been ok. I had to cut the front and rear lips off the thing so that my bed would be completely flat. That & the thing is made out of plastic, makes it slide around way too much for my liking. I'd really like to get a cargo mat similar to the Nissan front & rear mats-all rubber, no sliding around.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:28 am

NVSteve wrote:
SilverGhost wrote:The Nissan rubber mats are not at all durable.
Ghost, do you drive around with golf shoes all the time?
Nope, just dress and tennis shoes. I'm really amazed that they've worn so much.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”