installed oil drain valve

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

cruzstyle

installed oil drain valve

Postby cruzstyle » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:26 pm

so i added this cool little mod. its just a quick drain valve so you no longer have to remove the oil drain plug you just turn the handle to open the valve and the oil drains. it does not stick out past the oil pan so there's really no worries about it getting caught up on stuff. i like to.

kev1n

Postby kev1n » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:46 pm

VEry nice! I was looking at putting one of these on my Corvette a while back, but I decided against it because its so low and could have the potential of catching something.

On the Pathy, this would be great, would not have to worry about getting washer everytime I do the oil change.

Do you have a link or part number for this item ? I assume you will use the crush washer with it ?

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:12 am

Is this an aftermarket part or something through Nissan? I think it's a great idea.

LittleStevie

Postby LittleStevie » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:22 am

Nothing against this, but is it really that hard to put a wrench on the plug?

It does seem to add a small amount of risk though...I try to stay away from anything (valve leak-by, seal failure,...) that could possibly result in losing my oil and running my engine dry.

fresnoDave

Postby fresnoDave » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:42 am

I agree with LittleStevie, you really don't need to change the washer every time either.

fat_frog

Postby fat_frog » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:39 pm

Thanks for posting about the valve, cruzstyle. It's good to know that the valve does not stick out (down?).

Draining the engine oil on Pathfinder is a pretty easy job, but if you're willing to spend a few more $$ to make the easy job even easier, why not? You should already be paying attention to any kind of fluid leaks on where you park, to visual tire pressure check, etc. anyways, whether you have the valve or not does not change anything.

It's all about personal preference. Posting one's experience/experiment should be (and is) appreciated on the forums. Others can read about it, decide to do the same (or not to do the same), improve upon, etc. :wink:

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:34 pm

it comes with a washer so you wont have to get a new one.

the part number is on the bag in the picture.

it is not a nissan part i bought it from http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com

no its not hard to take the plug off im just that guy that gets anything to make things stand out and different also to show others whats out there.
ill post some pics of the final install not sure why i didnt while i was under there....lol

bbermann

Postby bbermann » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:10 am

Am I the only guy who gets a hand wash of hot oil everytime the plug is unscrewed? Would this valve reduce that possibility by directing the flow in a direction other than my hand on the handle?

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:13 am

Lol. This will not get ur hand covered in oil plus they have a version that has a hose so you can direct the flow.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”