Bose Subwoofer

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

mcxstar01

Bose Subwoofer

Postby mcxstar01 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:53 pm

Have any of you guys repaired or modified where the subwoofer is installed? Mine has blown and I'm going to replace it, eventually. I took a a look at the service manual to see what is involved in getting in there. It appears it's a pretty big piece of trim that needs to come out to get access. For those of you that have gotten in there is it a pain to take that trim out?

What I'm looking to do is replace it with an aftermarket 10" and upgrade the amp. Any thoughts? Before I go in there is there room for a 10" with maybe some mild modifications.

Just trying to get a sense of what's involved. Thanks fellas.

Npath

Re: Bose Subwoofer

Postby Npath » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:52 pm

mcxstar01 wrote:Have any of you guys repaired or modified where the subwoofer is installed? Mine has blown and I'm going to replace it, eventually. I took a a look at the service manual to see what is involved in getting in there. It appears it's a pretty big piece of trim that needs to come out to get access. For those of you that have gotten in there is it a pain to take that trim out?

What I'm looking to do is replace it with an aftermarket 10" and upgrade the amp. Any thoughts? Before I go in there is there room for a 10" with maybe some mild modifications.

Just trying to get a sense of what's involved. Thanks fellas.
I recall reading that there are two 6.5" woofers in the rear. With that said, installing a 10" may seem like a bit of work to have it properly sealed.

And no, I haven't gone in there to see what it's all about, I had thought about it though.

One mod a friend told me was to spray some kind of tar inside the woofer box, to get a little more deep base. Pretty sure he said something like that and the stuff is also residential roof related repair. Another mod is spraying 3M glue to the inside and installing fiberglass insulation onto it.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:20 am

I can't speak to the subwoofer side of the cargo area, but I'm sure it's just as difficult as the other side. I had to rip out all the trim panels to access the antenna booster connections that a numb-nuts tech failed to reconnect when he R&R'd the rear window. You start by removing the rear door sill trim, then work you your way back, taking off all seat belt and tie-down anchors as you go - a MAJOR PITA!

I lost more than one clip and broke a couple of plastic tabs in the process. The clips can be replaced at about a buck each. But I don't think there's a glue known to man that'll mend a broken tab.

There are instructions for doing this in the Service Manuals stickie'd on this forum.

Good luck!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”