Hello from Groton, CT

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

Khult

Hello from Groton, CT

Postby Khult » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:54 pm

My Name is Keith I have 2005 Pathfinder SE and am the original owner. Right now it has 77K miles. Before, that I had a 2001 Pathfinder SE 5 speed that I was the orginal owner. I really liked my 2001. My Dad had a 1994 Pathfinder too. I've put on an airaid cold air intake and a billet grill.

Two years ago I bought '93 300ZX NA and have been very invovled in the CT Z Car Club (www.ctzcc.com)

I found this forum last year(but just joined today) when I had two problems develope with my PF. First I had paint peeling in my roof gutters. Roof was repainted by my local dealer at no charge, I called Nissan North America and they were helpful. Then in August '09 I experienced the dreaded Radiator/Transmission failure. I was at 63K miles, but my dealer went to bat for me and they were able to goodwill a rebuilt tranny. I did have to pay for the radiator. I would have preferred that they did a recall/service bulletin on the radiator before it fried the tranny.

My PF is currently back at the dealer for another new issue which I will post in the 2005 section. It's bizzare and I will be contacting Nissan North America Again. The short version is my front brakes locked up and would not release.

I still like my 2005 , so I will give it one more chance to last a long time after this new issue is resolved. I look forward to hanging out here on the fourm.

My 2005 pre-billet

and with my Z

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:53 am

Welcome to the forums!... Use to live in New London.......... Triffid

pathyGirl@10K

Postby pathyGirl@10K » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:43 pm

Welcome to the forums....

LOVE the z!

we had a 2004 350z super black and absolutely loved it, but now that we moved to the mountains, it would never make it up here...so we were forced to sell it....

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:46 am

Welcome

ARLibertarian

Awsome!

Postby ARLibertarian » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:27 pm

I've been driving Nissan Z cars for nearly 20 years. Love them. My kids are getting too big for the back seats. (2+2). For years now.

Just bought a 2004 PF 4x4 with 63K miles to go with my '86 and '91 300zx 2+2's.

I didn't want anything but a sports car, but it's starting to grow on me.

(My wife has a 09 XTerra that I'm getting partial to. I'm too cheap to buy new. I mean, cautious.)

But I love my Z's.

BUT, to the point. This PF came out of Connecticut. Is there anything I should watch for? I've noticed surface corrosion everywhere. What else?

Khult

Postby Khult » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Not sure what else you should look for from a PF from CT. We do salt our roads up here in the winter which keeps my Z inside.

Speaking of Z's vist the CT Z Car Club website, we are a very Active Z Club

www.ctzcc.com

Good luck with the '04 PF I had an '01 before my curent '05...

ARLibertarian

Postby ARLibertarian » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:49 am

So, have you had any corrosion issues yet with your 05?

I had a mechanic go over it, and we didn't didn't see anything major, but all the smaller bolts and nuts were obviously not going to be reused.

I tend to keep my cars for a decade (or longer). I'd like to think this one will be around for a while.

Thanks for the input.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”