Ut-oh, this could be real spendy!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

SilverGhost

Ut-oh, this could be real spendy!

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Got into my '06 LE this morning and cranked it up. The AC fan immediately starting blowing full blast. Nothing I did would slow it except to turn off the system completely. Turned it back on, same thing. Shut off the engine, restarted, same thing. Oddly, the digital display showed a fan speed drop when I adjusted the dial manually. Unfortunately, the fan itself kept going full tilt.

Called my service writer, who said it could be either the head unit or the amplifier (whatever that is). Damn! My bumper-to-bumper warranty expired eight weeks ago (due to time, not miles). I knew I'd regret canceling that extended warranty I bought originally!

Service writer said he would try to get Nissan to goodwill the repair. I hope so, 'cause I might be tempted to just trade the thing if they say no. I'm sure those head units are proudly priced.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Re: Ut-oh, this could be real spendy!

Postby skinny2 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:11 pm

SilverGhost wrote:
Service writer said he would try to get Nissan to goodwill the repair. I hope so, 'cause I might be tempted to just trade the thing if they say no. I'm sure those head units are proudly priced.
Probably not as expensive as the loss on yours and cost of buying a new vehicle. Probably not even near as expensive as that extended warranty.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:23 am

I dodged a bullet! My service writer at the dealership did the repair at no charge. The problem was a shorted blower control module - the "amplifier". He said that since the charge would have been less than $300, he had authority to goodwill the repair himself. He's a great guy, and I told him so!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”