Michelin LTX
45%
Other
27%

Total votes: 11

AlpharettaTom

Michelin "Lattitude Tours" vs "LTX"

Postby AlpharettaTom » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:12 am

Just bought an '06 2WD LE with 31k. The original "Grabbers" are almost toast. Might get 4 months out of them. I live in the south so not much in the way of snow. Looking for Quite, Comfort, No Hydoplaning, Gas Mileage, Longevity/no problems.

I've been on TireRack.com checking reviews and it seems these 2 (see topic name) are the best to choose from though I can't find a review from someone with a Pathfinder specifically. The "Latts" are higher price (by $7 per tire) which usually means there is a reason. I subscribe to the "you get what you pay for" rule. However, there are several reviews telling how the "Latts" have reduced their gas mileage by 1-3 MPG. Not sure how this is possible since there is a "Green X" in the "Low Rolling Resistance" section. I guess I'm looking for someone to tell me that those reviews are from people that don't know how to work a tire gauge and that's the reason for the lower mileage.

I'd like to know what you Pathfinder Owners put on as OEM replacements and how that has worked out for you. Thanks in advance for your input.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:30 am

The lats have 3-4 times more miles reported on the survey than the LTX M/S so the raw data should be more accurate on them. I gave up reading the individual comments a long time ago on tire rack. One says best tire ever, next says worst ever. One says it will go through 4' of snow without spinning....the next guy got stuck in a dusting. I don't see any reason the Lats would decrease gas mileage.

I'll probably be looking at those two as well as the Goodyear Fortera Triple-tread come the fall. Snow traction is a big deal for me though and I may end up going a totally different route. The OEM Generals got me around ok in the snow but they were pretty scary on ice and really starting to do crazy things in the wet.

GbayPathfinder

Postby GbayPathfinder » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:27 pm

I have the LTX M/S on mine and they have been a great all around tire. The ride has improved over the Continentals that I had before. The sound of tire noise has also been reduced. Snow and Mud traction are pretty good as well.

MJBS

Postby MJBS » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:56 pm

Just got the ltx m/s2 installed a month ago, like them so far. I have the ltx m/s on my wrangler and after 70,000 it still has good treads on them. Can't seem to kill it. Supposedly the m/s2 are even better.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”