2004 Fog light rewire

Member postings to buy/sell anything, from parts to full automobiles. Commercial vendors, ask the Admins first for permission to post.

Moderator: volvite

jblum

2004 Fog light rewire

Postby jblum » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:23 pm

I started to do the mod for a rewire. (so the fogs can be independent of headlights) and I still cant find a definate answer or instructions on a 2004. All the posts I see are for a different set-up.

Any help in pointing me?

-Jacob

Kami

Postby Kami » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:07 am

From how i did it on my uncles truck (ford) if u mean stock fogs, then the stock plugs are useless casue there wired to be used with the inside knobs. I had to cut the wires from the fogs find the power and ground and then run the wires from the fogs all the way inside with a seperate switch to have an on and off option,

If there is a way to use the stock wires and mod the wires, thats way beyond me.lol And if possible please post.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:59 am

DISCAIMER - i have no idea bout pathfinder setup, im talking general knowledge.

Similar to what Kami said, but u dont need to run a new wire.

can u access the wires connecting to the knob inside the car?

if yes, strip the wires without cutting them (there should be 4 - HI / LO / Fog / Ground)

get a multimeter and do a continuity test to see which cable is the one connecting to the fog lights. the way to do this is to get a long wire, and disconnect the fog light plug. stick the loose wire u have into the socket and bring the other end inside the car with you.

test this cable with the other cables u stripped to see which one beeps on the multimeter.

disconnect this wire from the Nissan light switch, and connect to ur new switch.

Return to “Classifieds for Pathfinders and Pathfinder Accessories”