aftermarket exhaust

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Kami

aftermarket exhaust

Postby Kami » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:10 am

Hey anyone have an aftermarket exhaust, perferably a magnaflow (sound the best) that fits the pathfinder? Been looking but its all those damn chevys and fords....damnit

A reccommendation would be awesome. Need like a deep truck noise no rice stuff lol

thanks

macbell7

Postby macbell7 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:17 am

have you tried searching any xterra or frontier forums? They have the same engine so they are gonna use the same exhaust and you can get an idea of what its going to sound like. Magnaflow is usually pretty good though

Npath

Re: aftermarket exhaust

Postby Npath » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Kami wrote:Hey anyone have an aftermarket exhaust, perferably a magnaflow (sound the best) that fits the pathfinder? Been looking but its all those damn chevys and fords....damnit

A reccommendation would be awesome. Need like a deep truck noise no rice stuff lol

thanks
Triffid has Gibson exhaust and a bunch of other cool accessories. Website below

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/vie ... uid=594075&

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:46 pm

My Gibson stainless cat-back has sounded good for the past 4 years on mine & no packing to blow out like the magnaflow... It's not loud but it definately added hp & alot of tq, not much annoying drone in the cabin at highway speed & I don't want loud on a V6 anyways.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:38 am

I've had my Gibson system for over 5 years now and it has been GREAT!... Combined with the cold air intake makes a nice sound and improved performance... See my pics in my signature below.............. Triffid

kelleyo

Postby kelleyo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:23 am

I like the looks iof this setup because it solves the dreaded y pipe problem... Looks like some folks kept the resonator to get the best sound..

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... =magnaflow

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Some get different results with the Gibson system. Carl (our site Admin) actually reported a loss in performance with the Gibson system and had it replaced. Also realize that the Gibson system is listed for the 4WD models only.

After doing my research, I decided on a Magnaflow muffler with custom piping from the cats to the stock resonator. No matter what you do, the most important part is eliminating the horrible "Y" pipe that is before the muffler.

Btw, the sound is nice. Not loud, but enuff to notice. I have had several people comment on it without knowing I had changed it.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”