Goodbye Pathy Hello Xterra

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

boogyman

Goodbye Pathy Hello Xterra

Postby boogyman » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:20 pm

Well after all the maintenance I put into the Pathy, I had enough. The next thing would have been the rear AC and I wasn't about to pay for that and it's beyond what I can do myself. So I just traded it in today for an Xterra Offroad with a stick. The ride is not as firm, but it's so much quieter. I don't know if it just has more insulation than my Pathy did or what, but I like it. I've been on the X boards for a while and I've always liked them. It was finally time. I'm staying in the family, because I have had pretty good luck with the Pathy overall.

The X came with both set of floor mats, emergency kit, Ipod interface, bluetooth, and cargo tray. I got it for list, with cash back and 2.7%, so I can't complain about that. The boys loved climbing around in it, so I got their approval and the wife gave in to my constant mentions. Now I have the truck that fits me. Thanks for all the help from everybody on here. I'll still be stopping by and lend a hand where I can, so I won't be far.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Re: Goodbye Pathy Hello Xterra

Postby mar1 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:20 am

cheers on ur new ride, hope u enjoy it. its got the same 4.0 engine with less body weight.
boogyman wrote: The ride is not as firm, but it's so much quieter.
hate to burst ur bubble bro, but the spring leafs in the back will be very noisy soon enough.

try to get the guys at Nissan to install some Teflon between the leafs to avoid this.

listen to the sound just after the jump.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bife9YX6SAE

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:05 pm

CONGRATS Boogyman.. I looked at the Xterra also befor my Pathy purchase.. I like the Xterra, you should be very happy. I was thinking the other day if I have too many problems with my Pathy, I would probably trade it in for the new Honda Pilot. A pic would be nice :wink: Good luck.

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:12 pm

That's the exact model I was looking at until my wife asked, can this come with a 3rd row? The only thing that I was bummed about when we moved up to the Pathfinder was that I couldn't get the stick shift.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:17 pm

Thanks for the replies. So far it's been great. I am still getting adjusted to it. I haven't rolled on taller tires in a while, but it feels great. The engine seems so quiet, no roar like the Pathy. I know it's the same, I guess the programming and the Pathy was an auto, so maybe that was why it was noisier. Anyway I was away letting the boys have fun today, so I didn't get a chance to take a good picture. That will happen tomorrow and I will get it posted. It will be of a clean X, because the dealer detailed it and filled the tank which was nice. Some dealers try to sell it empty or charge you for the gas. My whole experience with the dealer was pretty good. The were working out of a trailer, because their new showroom isn't going to be done for 2 weeks. I'm just rambling. I'm just happy to have a new vehicle. Pictures coming soon.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Nothing wrong with the X at all. I'd also have one right now if I didn't need the extra room for hauling crap. Congrats.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:22 pm

OK I'm going to try and post some pics.
IMG_5535 by ole_brewing, on Flickr

IMG_5531 by ole_brewing, on Flickr

awake

Postby awake » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:57 pm

seems like a weird move.

i used to own an X, and while i LOVED the vehicle, it just didnt stack up to the pathfinder for me.

i made a list of things that one had that the other didnt....and the only thing that came up for the xterra was a lower price tag. which is definitely a big advantage if you were shopping for both and owned neither.....

but seriously, congrats....i LOVED my X.....

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:30 pm

awake wrote:seems like a weird move.

i used to own an X, and while i LOVED the vehicle, it just didnt stack up to the pathfinder for me.

i made a list of things that one had that the other didnt....and the only thing that came up for the xterra was a lower price tag. which is definitely a big advantage if you were shopping for both and owned neither.....
I agree with you. Reason we didn't end up with an X is that at 6'2", I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get into the back seat. The door was too narrow.

But if its all you need, I say good move.

t

Spamcan

Postby Spamcan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:39 am

I have both a PF and an X and love them both, for different reasons at times. The X is much more sporty - maneuvering and off road-ability. Not to say the PF isn't good for off roading. But the angle of attack, the weight, etc. makes the X (IMHO) better for the dirt. But I wouldn't give up my PF at all. On the other side, the PF is the comfy but capable off roader.

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:19 am

Funny, I did the 2000 X first, then the Pathie..

Pretty sure the next vehicle will be a Pathie too.. or maybe just tweak this one, my mileage is flying up the charts these days with 70 mile daily commutes.

Best of luck !

MM

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks for the replies. I am enjoying it. I wanted something smaller since we have the Sienna for carting the boys around. Then when they get a few years older, me and the boys will take the X camping and fishing. Have to have time to customize the X slowly. So far it seems to have a big red X on it, because 2 guys almost ran into it this past week. I might have to install a train horn for the idiot's that don't look before they move over.

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:42 pm

TRAIN HORN rules!! This is my soon to be Mod for my 2010 Ram.

CantBReal

Postby CantBReal » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:56 pm

Strongly disagree. Those squared-off fender flares make me queasy.

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:26 am

I like the Xterra but if it were mine, I would have all the gray plastic painted body color. :wink: enjoy the new ride..

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”