Windshield Tint-3M

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Kami

Windshield Tint-3M

Postby Kami » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:50 am

Hi everyone so though i share what i did with my truck lately while i was on a road trip to Florida :)

So went down for a week and though i get my windshield tinted and in canada hard to find a tint shop with 3M tint and at a affordable cost!

So found an awesome dude in Longwood, Florida-Damien who did the job for my for $160!! (average quote from other shops were $165)
his site: http://www.pwtinting.com/index.htm
He did an amazing job on the tinting as he pulls the vheicles into his shop and its next to the waiting area which is also inside the shop and you can watch everything he does!

I got the 3M Crystalline 70 tint
Visible Light Transmitted 69%
Total Solar Energy Rejected 50%
Infrared Rejection 97%
Visible light Reflection 9%
UV rejection 99.9%
Glare Reduction 22%
Non-metalized, No Signal Interference
Never Turns Purple
Lifetime Warranty

Honestly this stuff is amazing, no need to hae my leather seats damaged from the sun as fast, no more of that excessive glare! and when i jump into the care on a 30oC day and have to boil in the truck :)
Few pics:

for $160 so worth it, keeps your vehicle in great shape, cheapens your cost for AC and dash/leather seat sprays and also give a slight tint to increase privacy. best part is its street legal :twisted:
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebse ... 6E666666--

65Fastback

Postby 65Fastback » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:10 pm

Awesome :D

As a 3M employee, I thank you for buying our products!

I work out of a different division but had a local shop apply our film to our '06 all the way around and have had no problems with it. Yes, a little bit more expensive, however, warrantly, durable, non color changing, non scratching, UV stable, the list goes on and on.

I've tried that other tints in the past, and have never been happy with the outcome (peeling, scratching, bubbles not drying like they should, turning purple, glare, list goes on and on)

deezx5

Postby deezx5 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:02 pm

It looks good, but in TX we have to put our yearly registration and inspection stickers on inside of windshield so after one year the tint would get torn up

Kami

Postby Kami » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:53 pm

Yea its still good from day of install and loving it!! 3M FTW!!

also deezx5 you can purchase some removal tint and just cut it to the size of the sticker and then paste the sticker on the removalable tint and then that way u can keep the 3m tint original. Plus this way u can keep the windsheild clean :)

Return to “General Automotive”