good 1st gen frame

Member postings to buy/sell anything, from parts to full automobiles. Commercial vendors, ask the Admins first for permission to post.

Moderator: volvite

nitid

good 1st gen frame

Postby nitid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Hello. I am a proud Pathy owner. I love my Pathy. I bought him from a shady dealer in Vancouver who brought him up from the states. As the days went by I discovered that the Beast was in terrible shape. We have been struggling together on the road for months now, but the truth is, he's dying. The fuel pump is going (of course - it's the original - they were shotty, no?) The alternator is going. The center link is going (and I was told to replace the pitman arm! Ha! Imagine my chagrin when I am barreling down the highway at 100km and lose control of the stearing..should sue his a**) And there is a lot more, quite frankly. (The clutch, second grinds in and out, transmission leaking, exhaust manifolds leaking, tires bald, tire rod ends toast, cambor is bull-legged, cracked distributor siliconed up...the washer fluid shoots over the roof..etc oh! Theres an air regulator missing in the vacuum lines and the hose is plugged with a screw...injectors weaze, compression poor between a couple cyls indicating being blown) At least the 4x4 works.

If I was rich - I would magic up this beast into a whole new world of glory!

Seriously. I do love it. And love Pathfinders now.

But I am poor. I am poor and need a machine to work! I cannot afford this beast to die on the road when I need him!

So I gotta sell him. Sell him for whatever he is worth so I can regain some funds..(you wouldn't believe I paid $1000 and put in $700 when I got him) So I take a look at him and figure, up here in Van, I have little chance of finding someone who will need him.

So I thought I would come to the forums to declare that the frame is in excellend condition for the age and if there is a first gen off-road enthusiast looking for a frame - this ones it. Sand blast - coat it - like new. There is no rust that penetrates that I can see.

Anyone interrested? Got sum pics of underneath if so...

Return to “Classifieds for Pathfinders and Pathfinder Accessories”