Odd items

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

heckler40

Odd items

Postby heckler40 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:46 pm

Hey everyone...new here. I've been lurking for a bit doing some searching...

I purchased a new Pathfinder LE recently and a couple of items really drive me nuts. Just wanted to get feedback and any potential workarounds.

First one: 5-6mph coasting (negative mph) when going downhill. Seriously? This is crazy. Speed limit is 45, I'm going down to 38 sometimes. And, if you try to uptick the speed, it doesn't do crap!

Second: When I hit "auto" it automatically turns on the A/C? Why? If ambient is 30F why in the world would you blow cold? My previous Nissan (1999 Maxima) knew what to do. But a 2010 doesn't?

Third: Can't recirc with heat on? This is great when it's freezing out and idling behind a PACE bus! WTF?!

As a side note, I've had my finder in twice already. Once for the rear A/C lines rattling and one for a cracked oil plug washer (leaking oil).

Overall love it though. Can't wait to see how fun it is in the winter :)

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:51 pm

1. I have no idea what you're discussing here. Maybe a little more detail?

2. Pretty much every auto climate built in the last few years cycles the A/C all the time. This does not mean it's blowing cold air...it just means it's dehumidifying the air. I don't necessariliy like this either but it does help with moisture accumulation.

3. You've got to run it in manual mode to switch to recycle when heat is on. I don't care for this either but it's also becoming the norm.

I've had mine for almost a year and 30k miles and the HVAC is about my least favorite part. It takes some time to get used to and learn the tricks. I'm still learning. I can't leave mine on a specific temp as it bounces all over the place. Otherwise mine has been quite reliable so far.

heckler40

Postby heckler40 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:52 pm

Sorry incomplete post there.

Ithis happens when cruise control is on and detects coasting downhill.

Thanks for the other info.

As a side, the other thing that drove me nuts was locking out the nav while in motion. My wife was a passenger and wanted to look something up. Nope! But, I searched and found the solution. That will probably be one of my small projects for the winter.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:00 am

Ok, well honestly I've never tried using cruise at 45mph. I know most cruises don't work much under that speed...so you may be on the fringe of the system. At highway speeds it doesn't budge. How does yours work at higher speeds? If it's not holding there then I would take it in and complain.

heckler40

Postby heckler40 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:08 am

I'll pay more attention on the highway and then post back. I figured it was a gas saving measure.

GbayPathfinder

Postby GbayPathfinder » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:02 pm

heckler40 wrote:Sorry incomplete post there.

Ithis happens when cruise control is on and detects coasting downhill.
This is not such a bad thing as some people prefer engine braking, especially when towing.

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:47 pm

The A/C and recirc. is all about defogging ... A/C helps to defog windows, also the reason it wont let you go to recirc, resurc will cause windows to fog up quicker ... Its more of a safety thing than anything ...

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”