Plans for my Pathy

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

ArmyPathfinder

Plans for my Pathy

Postby ArmyPathfinder » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:32 pm

So far this vehicle has been great to me and my family. The vehicle was bought second hand shortly after my return from deployment. The vehicle had endured a 900plus mile drive from my old duty station to my new duty station non stop and it handled the rough and tough terrain we went through at high speeds.

Plans for the vehicle:
Modify Headlamps to Halo Projectors with HID's. Check, Anzo Halo Headlights with
optional 10,000k lows HID with Audi style DRL's purchased from www.Carid.com
Modify/Change front grill: Check, Custom black grill purchased from www.Carid.com
Upgrade stock sound system: Check, Front Doors, Alpine Type S: Sps-609. Rear
doors, Alpine Type S: Sps-600. Subwoofers, Dual 12" 1500 Watt Quantum Subs.
Amplifiers, Quantum 2000w Mono Amplifier for lows, Power Acoustik 1200w Max for
highs. Headunit, Power Acoustik PTID-7350NRBT 7" Touchscreen with upgraded
blue tooth and navigation.
Upgrade Wheels: Not yet, planning to purchase 20" Asanti AF164 2Tone Black with
Red Lining.
Upgrade Brakes: Not yet, planning on contacting Brembo for a custom big brake kits
for front and back
Upgrade Suspension: Not yet, planning on a minor lowering kit with stiff shocks.
Upgrade Exhaust System: Not Yet, planning on a custom dual exhaust system, either
Borla or Magnaflow.
Upgrade Computer Chip: Not yet, planning on purchasing BullyDog performance chip.
Upgrade Air intake system: Not yet, planning on purchasing a stage 2 or 3 Air Intake Sytem from K&N and K&N Air filtration systems.

goblue90

Re: Plans for my Pathy

Postby goblue90 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:04 pm

ArmyPathfinder wrote:So far this vehicle has been great to me and my family. The vehicle was bought second hand shortly after my return from deployment. The vehicle had endured a 900plus mile drive from my old duty station to my new duty station non stop and it handled the rough and tough terrain we went through at high speeds.

Plans for the vehicle:
Modify Headlamps to Halo Projectors with HID's. Check, Anzo Halo Headlights with
Modify/Change front grill: Check, Custom black grill purchased from www.Carid.com
Red Lining.
Upgrade Brakes: Not yet, planning on contacting Brembo for a custom big brake kits
for front and back
Upgrade Suspension: Not yet, planning on a minor lowering kit with stiff shocks.
Upgrade Exhaust System: Not Yet, planning on a custom dual exhaust system, either
Borla or Magnaflow.
Upgrade Computer Chip: Not yet, planning on purchasing BullyDog performance chip.
Upgrade Air intake system: Not yet, planning on purchasing a stage 2 or 3 Air Intake Sytem from K&N and K&N Air filtration systems.

That's going to be one tricked out Pathfinder! Looking forward to seeing the progress...

ArmyPathfinder

Postby ArmyPathfinder » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:48 am

goblue90 wrote:
ArmyPathfinder wrote:So far this vehicle has been great to me and my family. The vehicle was bought second hand shortly after my return from deployment. The vehicle had endured a 900plus mile drive from my old duty station to my new duty station non stop and it handled the rough and tough terrain we went through at high speeds.

Plans for the vehicle:
Red Lining.
for front and back
Borla or Magnaflow.

That's going to be one tricked out Pathfinder! Looking forward to seeing the progress...
after returning from my short deployment, i just recently ordered and will be installing a Perrin Supercharger, K&N High Flow intake 77 series, Bully dog superchip, and Gibson swept side exhaust...will post pics and videos after they are installed this weekend

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:34 am

ArmyPathfinder wrote: after returning from my short deployment, i just recently ordered and will be installing a Perrin Supercharger, K&N High Flow intake 77 series, Bully dog superchip, and Gibson swept side exhaust...will post pics and videos after they are installed this weekend
Can you provide more details/pics on the Perrin Supercharger? My search for Perrin Superchargers online produced only information for Perrin turbos...

jlwardn

Postby jlwardn » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Be carful with Carid. I bought those halo projector lights. After very long installation and some professional help aiming my hids......we discovered there is only up/down adjusters and no left/right adjustment. I contacted CarId and they told me I must have defective headlights or I must be missing the other adjuster....well after 2 weeks of arguing they heard back from Anzo that they only have one adjustment. They can't be properly adjusted. I paid at least $50 more to buy them from them. The customer service rep trying to help me with the adjuster problem told me that they have a price match guarantee. Now after two weeks....they won't email me back. After 3 more emails they are offering me $15 refund. Complete BS. They are the ones that told me about the price match when I brought up how high their prices were compared with 5 other vendors/eBay.
Get a lower price and understand you can't adjust these left and right so they will be a little off and you might find the light crosses each side too quick on the road.
I do love the the light output but wish they were higher quality.
Buy hids elsewhere and cheaper

ArmyPathfinder

Postby ArmyPathfinder » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:17 am

jlwardn wrote:Be carful with Carid. I bought those halo projector lights. After very long installation and some professional help aiming my hids......we discovered there is only up/down adjusters and no left/right adjustment. I contacted CarId and they told me I must have defective headlights or I must be missing the other adjuster....well after 2 weeks of arguing they heard back from Anzo that they only have one adjustment. They can't be properly adjusted. I paid at least $50 more to buy them from them. The customer service rep trying to help me with the adjuster problem told me that they have a price match guarantee. Now after two weeks....they won't email me back. After 3 more emails they are offering me $15 refund. Complete BS. They are the ones that told me about the price match when I brought up how high their prices were compared with 5 other vendors/eBay.
Get a lower price and understand you can't adjust these left and right so they will be a little off and you might find the light crosses each side too quick on the road.
I do love the the light output but wish they were higher quality.
Buy hids elsewhere and cheaper
Yea i just had received a run around from them regarding my exhaust and its pissing me off, this will be my final time purchasing from them jokers

ArmyPathfinder

Postby ArmyPathfinder » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:30 am

goblue90 wrote:
ArmyPathfinder wrote: after returning from my short deployment, i just recently ordered and will be installing a Perrin Supercharger, K&N High Flow intake 77 series, Bully dog superchip, and Gibson swept side exhaust...will post pics and videos after they are installed this weekend
Can you provide more details/pics on the Perrin Supercharger? My search for Perrin Superchargers online produced only information for Perrin turbos...
Im sorry i meant stillen not perrin, the names are so similar in a way...the supercharger is showcased in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWcwuzRJlYw

redwing

Postby redwing » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:45 pm

Why didn't you just buy a different vehicle? :lol:

ArmyPathfinder

Postby ArmyPathfinder » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:24 pm

redwing wrote:Why didn't you just buy a different vehicle? :lol:
buying a different vehicle defeats the whole purpose of a modders individuality, i invest on parts to express myself and my own taste. I think everyone can relate to that, if I wanted to buy a whole new car and just leave it at that then thats just boring. Why do you choose to mod? I am sure its the same reason. :wink:

ArmyPathfinder

Postby ArmyPathfinder » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:33 pm

its a bad quality video, shot it from my iphone after installing the supercharger, just wanted to see if it could be heard but i guess i thought i'd share it...more videos coming up soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a95k-3yL2nM

ArmyPathfinder

Postby ArmyPathfinder » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:36 pm

ArmyPathfinder wrote:its a bad quality video, shot it from my iphone after installing the supercharger, just wanted to see if it could be heard but i guess i thought i'd share it...more videos coming up soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a95k-3yL2nM
you could hear a faint blow off from my BOV, granted there are a lot of outside wind noise...but hehe im happy, slamming the hood on my pinky was worth it!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”