Can you guys check and tell me if you have this??

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

mikem

Can you guys check and tell me if you have this??

Postby mikem » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:47 am

Hey guys,
I'm kinda new to the forum and to owning a Pathfinder and I find this forum to be very informative.

I have a quick question...
I noticed the other day when I was filling up that there's no little door covering the fuel opening. On my other cars, when you take off the gas cap, there's a little door/flap covering the opening. Is this normal on the Pathfinder or did the little door break off and is now laying in my gas tank? I'm probably being a little paranoid but was just curious. Thanks.

-Mike

disallow
Site Admin

Re: Can you guys check and tell me if you have this??

Postby disallow » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:29 pm

mikem wrote:Hey guys,
I'm kinda new to the forum and to owning a Pathfinder and I find this forum to be very informative.

I have a quick question...
I noticed the other day when I was filling up that there's no little door covering the fuel opening. On my other cars, when you take off the gas cap, there's a little door/flap covering the opening. Is this normal on the Pathfinder or did the little door break off and is now laying in my gas tank? I'm probably being a little paranoid but was just curious. Thanks.

-Mike
Nope don't have it.

valenburg

Postby valenburg » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Maybe that's what leads to such a sensitive CEL when the gas cap is loose/not doing it's job?

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:17 pm

My Pathy does not have one, I noticed this when I purchased mine, my 2010 Ram does not have it also, I remember some of my cars/trucks back in the 80's had it..guess it is not needed now days.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:33 pm

Haven't seen this on a vehicle in quite a few years. I suppose the purpose was to keep things from falling in? The system pressurizes through the cap so it didn't do anything for that purpose.

BTW, most any vehicle these days is very picky about the gas cap. Some even have warning lights that specifically say "check gas cap".

asgard

Postby asgard » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:32 am

Well I was intrigued , I had noticed the little flap recently when filling up and couldn't remember which car, so I looked -

Pathfinder No

2006 Caddy yes.

So maybe it up to 2006 and then at 2007 which is my Pathfinder no longer needed.

mikem

Postby mikem » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:45 am

Thanks guys for taking a look. Atleast I know it's by design...

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”