fog light change

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

mordydd91

fog light change

Postby mordydd91 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:43 am

Hello I have a Nissan Patfinder 2008.
My fog lamp burned down, how do I replace the fog lamp .. I can not get to it ...
If you can help me the pictures?

Npath

Re: fog light change

Postby Npath » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:51 am

mordydd91 wrote:Hello I have a Nissan Patfinder 2008.
My fog lamp burned down, how do I replace the fog lamp .. I can not get to it ...
If you can help me the pictures?
Easy... get a stubby philips screwdriver and take off the plastic cover in the wheel well.

Taking off the wheel will give you a lot more room.

mordydd91

Postby mordydd91 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:34 am

Thanks for the quick response .. But you can give me pictures??.
And I have another question .. Is it possible to move wires from the engine cabin?
I want to put LED strips behind the grill.
Someone can tell me how I do it?

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:28 am

There's really no need for pictures here. If you go out and look at your wheel well cover, there's two screws in the bottom up under the bumper and if you take the first two/three screws out moving up the front of the cover it will pop out and you can clearly see/reach the fog light. Pop off the harness, remove bulb, and the put it all back.

You may have to force the wheel well cover out but it bends just fine. No need to remove the entire cover, just loosen it where you can reach the fog light.

You wouldn't want to "move" any wires but you can tap one for power and run a new wire to the LED's. It doesn't sound like you have the first clue when it comes to this stuff so you may want to regroup. Messing around with the wiring can cause HUGE problems if you don't know what you're doing and don't have the proper testing tools, etc. Sometimes you can make a mess even if you know what you're doing. You can search around here and there are some folks that have installed new lights and such but I've never seen anyone post a DIY with enough details for a beginner.

mordydd91

Postby mordydd91 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:49 am

Kami

Postby Kami » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:55 pm

mordydd91 wrote: And I have another question .. Is it possible to move wires from the engine cabin?
I want to put LED strips behind the grill.
Someone can tell me how I do it?
Easiest and not the best looking way (when you open the door) is to run the wires from the led lights you put behind the grille along the right side inside the hood and pass it through the hold that leads into the car when the door is opened. I know sounds weird, ill post you a pic up tomorrow during the day when theres light out :)

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”