NEW TO SITE! had a couple questions!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

novaman

NEW TO SITE! had a couple questions!

Postby novaman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:23 pm

Hey everyone I just got a 08 pathfinder LE v6. love it so far just had a couple questions.

1) ok so if i do a three in lift will 285/70/17 fit? thats like a 32.7 inch tall tire i believe.
2) also i wanted to do the exhaust but its a V6 i dont want it to sound high pitched or like a little import. any ideas. i just want it to sound good not too loud.

thanks everyone!

jasunderland

Postby jasunderland » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:07 pm

Hey man. Cant help you but welcome to the site! Alot of good ppl and info here. Someone will be able to answer your question.

Npath

Re: NEW TO SITE! had a couple questions!

Postby Npath » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:40 pm

novaman wrote:Hey everyone I just got a 08 pathfinder LE v6. love it so far just had a couple questions.

1) ok so if i do a three in lift will 285/70/17 fit? thats like a 32.7 inch tall tire i believe.
2) also i wanted to do the exhaust but its a V6 i dont want it to sound high pitched or like a little import. any ideas. i just want it to sound good not too loud.

thanks everyone!
1. Yes, the tire size you stated will fit. I've heard some people have that size tire without a lift. But I would use it strictly for ON ROAD use only.

2. Triffid has a Gibson exhaust. Try Gibson, Magnaflow and Flowmaster website. You should be able to hear some samples and if you have doubts, best to contact them personally and let them know what you got and what the closest sound would match up with it. Sorry, don't know too much but have installed Thrush on my 5.7L V8 and sounded stocky, not loud.

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:32 am

Do a search on this site using "Gibson" and "Magnaflow" There are several here that have done one or the other.

Gibson offers a complete exhaust from Cats back for the 4WD Pathy. When you do the search though look for RacerZX's report on the Gibson system. He actually measured a loss of horsepower and replaced it with something else.

Several have had success with a Magnaflow muffler, including myself. Magnaflow doesnt offer an exhaust system. We have used a Magnaflow muff and had an muffler shop do a custom cat back exhaust.

The main thing with the exhuast system is to eliminate the restrictive "Y" pipe right before the muffler.

novaman

Postby novaman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:19 pm

great thanks guys.

Well i know im going to catch heat on this one. but im going with a 3 inch body lift 1st cause i cant find any suspension lift that are 3 or 4 inch. and i dont care about going offroad too much i just want it too look good. i dont really want to go more then 3 or 4 cause the wife has to be able to get the kids in and out. well be easy on me with the reply's lol

hmatiak

Postby hmatiak » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Calmini has a 5" kit.

http://www.purenissan.com/2005_preview1.htm

Just put a similar kit form them on a friends Frontier, great quality and reasonable price.

Don't do the body. It does nothing to improve ride or performance.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Welcome to the site. I just came across this website last night and saw that they're offering a cat-back Magnaflow exhaust system for the 05-09 Pathfinder, but the description reads, "diesel exhaust." I asked them if this was indeed only for a diesel pathfinder (do they exist?) or if this was just a typo, but haven't gotten a response yet.

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/magnaflow ... -5586.html

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:15 pm

goblue90 wrote: ...but the description reads, "diesel exhaust." I asked them if this was indeed only for a diesel pathfinder (do they exist?)
The diesel Pathy's exist but are not U.S. production.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:05 pm

BMXPath wrote:
goblue90 wrote: ...but the description reads, "diesel exhaust." I asked them if this was indeed only for a diesel pathfinder (do they exist?)
The diesel Pathy's exist but are not U.S. production.
Good to know!

novaman

Postby novaman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:39 pm

man now i really want to go with that 5 inch lift from calmini.... but 1600 bucks dang thats a lot worth it though.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”