Need some help with installing amp and rear view camera

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

brewdeez

Need some help with installing amp and rear view camera

Postby brewdeez » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:11 pm

I have a 2005 nissan pathfinder and I just purchased a mono amp and a boyo rear view camera and need some assistance on installing the stuff on my own to save some money. I'm not a technical person when it comes to wires but a fast learner thru visual observation. I tried looking for a slot on the firewall for the wire gauge from the battery to the amp and could not find one, does anyone have any pictures on how they ran their wires from the battery to their amps? I also want to install a boyo rear view camera if anyone took pictures of their installation results that i can use as my guide as well. Thanks.

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Look behind you brake booster on the drivers fender side, on the firewall and you should see a blank rubber grommet about 1/2 diameter. You can pull it out by hand and you will see a good size hole there. Cut or drill out the center of the grommet, run your wires thru it, and press it back into the firewall. I used it to run several wires, including my amp wire.

brewdeez

Postby brewdeez » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:47 am

thanks for the tip!

taz

Postby taz » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:57 pm

there is also a large 1" grommet on the passenger side under the fender liner

JohnKata

Postby JohnKata » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:34 am

I actually tried running my wire through the grommet on the passenger side. It was pretty tough to access so after an hour I just went through the one on the driver side. *Very* easy to run a wire through.

taz

Postby taz » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:58 pm

ya I forgot to mention the passenger side one noses into a foam block! LOL, you need to lift the carpet to pull the block out and run the wire. I'm just so used to gutting an interior when doing stereo installs I forgot not everyone does it or need too.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”