RATTLING NOISE FROM EXHAUST

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Facevedo17

RATTLING NOISE FROM EXHAUST

Postby Facevedo17 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:44 pm

hELLO EVERYONE JUST GOT BACK FROM THE DEALER, they fix the ecm recall lets see how that is going to turn out . second Ive been hearing a rattle from under the truck they told me it was an exhaust clamp ..somehwere by the heat shield , how can a clamp that is secure just come out thtas wierd so I think ..has anyone on the forum experince this vibrating noise. and fix it
is there a part number for the clamp , I try searching courtesy website but can't seem to find what im looking for ?

any suggestions?
thanks

kev1n

Postby kev1n » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:56 pm

same thing happened to me, the clamp actually rusted out and broke so it was just hanging there rattling away. got a replacement from home depot for $2 and was done with it.

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:13 pm

I had two heat shields rattling away on my exhaust. I got two $0.49 clamps and it's all better now. Easy fix, just gotta lie down under the PF.

webmastir

Postby webmastir » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:41 am

Still don't get how you determine which one it is. Do you have to lay under there while the vehicle is running? Mine only rattles when I'm not under it :x

webmastir

Postby webmastir » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:41 am

webmastir wrote:Still don't get how you determine which one it is. Do you have to lay under there while the vehicle is running? Mine only rattles when I'm not under it :x
I swear I've checked each little pipe strap by hand, and they all seem secure

Rach's Pathy

Postby Rach's Pathy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:40 am

When mine did that, I just went along the entire exhaust and banged on it with my fist. You will get to the point where the heatshield will bounce. Like the others, I have added several new clamps in order to prevent future rattles.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:06 pm

I had to redo every heat shield clamp on my Pathy, before I got rid of it. The salt on the roads here ate through all the factory clamps.

allisojh

rubber mallet

Postby allisojh » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:24 am

lay under the vehicle and tap on the exaust with a rubber mallet. The rattling will show itself. Get a clamp or use some mechanics wire and tie it down. Or... just rip the heat shield off.

I used to to that on my xterra. heat shields on nissans must all be POS

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”