Hi Oil Pressure..Sending Unit or Switch

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

gilldawg79

Hi Oil Pressure..Sending Unit or Switch

Postby gilldawg79 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:45 pm

I always check my oil pressure at least once while driving wherever I am going, and as I was leaving the woods this afternoon I looked at my Oil Pressure gauge and it was pegged HIGH. I know that when I went to the woods it was operating normally. I turned the pathy off, and turned the key to on without cranking it and it went immediately to HIGH (pegged out). I then checked the oil and everything looked ok there.

I read in some other posts about this and some high pressure switch. What might be the most likely culprit? I do have an aftermarket filter on, but according to the posts I read that doesn't seem to be the culprit, but I may start using OEM filters from here on out.

Pathy has 99420 miles on it. SES light has been on for about 50,000 miles due to the FSU, which I was never able to get replaced. I missed the first recall on it due to VIN and then missed the new due to mileage...Oh well, just hope the odometer doesn't fail.....

Thanks in advance!!

Jimmy

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:51 pm

The same thing happened to mine. You have to replace the oil pressure switch. It's about $75 or so for the part. If you look underneath the truck from the passenger side, between the oil pan and steering gear you'll see the switch. It should be an easy install. I had the dealer do mine since I had an extended warranty and a $50 deductible.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”