Suspension Mods

General off-roading discussions...what's in your trail kit?

Moderators: volvite, cruzstyle

Dito

Suspension Mods

Postby Dito » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:42 am

hey Guys,

i have a 2.5 suspension lift with coil spacers. in front i have the stock shocks and in the rear i put kayaba... i know this setup sounds awful and in deed it is... i just ran out of money.

what should i do if:
1. want to keep the spacers and
2. have a smoth ride (not heavy off roader myself) most of my driving is in city and highways, but i really enjoy getting into some muddy trails

i heard that the bilstein are a good choice because they are soft...

should i just toss everything away and get an OME suspension kit?

whats the best way to go when replacing the superior control arm because of the clanking? calmini or the one they sell in 4x4parts.com?

thanks!

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:11 pm

look towards PRG for upper control arms, never dealed with him but from the xterra and frontiers forum they love him.

http://www.prgproducts.com/

but price wise calmini is cheaper but prg has the quality.

Dito

Postby Dito » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:37 am

tnx X

I dont see anywhere in the PRG webpage if the control arm is for the newest model of frontier, it dont say year or model..

and how about the shocks and struts?

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:33 pm

If you want bilstein go to shockwarehouse.com, thats where I got mine, you may have to look it up by an xterra or frontier as pathfinder will not show up for the lift shocks. They have free shipping.
Last I look 05-10 path, fronts and xterra still share the same front suspension and just cosmetics was changed (dont quote me on this) but the upper control arm should fit.

Return to “4x4 Tech”