Service Engine Soon Light......CODE's UPDATED

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

07Finder

Postby 07Finder » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:19 am

The Service Engine Soon light is different than the Check Engine light. My first forae into the two lights was with my 05 Corolla. The Maint Req light would blink a few times on start up and then go out then it stayed on. It's the oil change or the interval for a required maintenance item (spark plugs, etc) that the mfg loads into the computer so you don't have to actually think... and then you spend the $100/hr to have Nissan look at the light and do about $30 in an oil change or a hour of labor and $20 for spark plugs.

My advice, just take it to your local mechanic, they can check out the same light for about half the labor cost. You can also have your mechanic change the intervals.

It is definitely NOT a cat, sensor or other engine issue, that would throw the check engine light. I was told that by a Nissan dealership. I thought I was starting to have issues with my cat (sulpher smell, ended up being the gas I was using). He told me if the cat is starting to fail the Check Engine light would come on, no matter how insignificant the change.

Just a thought.

07Finder

Postby 07Finder » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:49 pm

Ok... I just wanted to recant my last post in this thread and state that I AM... AN IDIOT. I commit a thousand apologies. I SWORE I saw a Check Engine light the other day. I know I did. Oh well. Anyway...

What is it with the Cats needing replaced so often? Is it just crappy OEM stuff and the replacements are good? Don't know if I like the idea (a little late now that I'm an owner but...)

driftedoffroad

Postby driftedoffroad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Kami wrote:Hey guys so got my bro's friend, friend (owns his own shop) to check the code. :D

1) P2A03 sensor circuit range performance bank 2 sensor 1

2) P0158 02 circuit high bank 2 sensor 2

they seam to be soem sensor stuff, anyone know details and what it pertains to?

Thanks in advance!!
Sounds like a bad cat most likely, providing the 02 sensor's readings verify this. I doubt you could have 2 bad sensors on the same side. Personally have never seen those two codes but hope this helps :)
07finder wrote:The Service Engine Soon light is different than the Check Engine light....
I thought the same thing when my "service engine soon" light came on the first time lol. I am used to Volvos which have a maintenance light as well :lol:

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”