Ultimate Lift thread

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

NYPathfinder

Ultimate Lift thread

Postby NYPathfinder » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:01 pm

Please bear with me. I figured it would do everyone some good to have all the suspension/lifts in one place.It would make searching easier and the amount of lift threads started would be cut down. If you could include a picture of your lifted pathy that would be helpfull along with some other info:

Model year-

Lift height:1", 2", 3" etc....-

Type of lift: suspension? body lift? or both?

Brand: type of struts/springs used. Or type of spacer used, or both.(maybe posting a link to what you bought would help)

Hows the ride compared to stock-

How long have you had the lift installed-

If you had to do it again would you change anything-

problems you ran into-

what brand/size rims/tires your using-

or

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/genuine ... -4194.html

If you would like to add anything or feel i should remove/include something let me know and i will edit the post.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Ultimate Lift thread

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:27 pm

MODs take note: we really need a subforum dealing with suspension, etc.

Model year: 2007

Lift height: 2.25-2.50"

Type of lift: suspension lift

Brand: OME (Old Man Emu) medium duty springs front & rear, OME shocks & struts (rear shocks have since been replaced with Monroes)

Hows the ride compared to stock: I used to bottom out the rear driving to and from work (a few dips & RR tracks involved). Stock ride is far too mushy. The OME is definitely firmer, no bottoming out, yet is still fairly timid compared to other vehicles. In other words, I'd rather chew off my own hand than have to return to the stock suspension.

How long have you had the lift installed: 3 or 4 years

If you had to do it again would you change anything? I would go with either ICON or RadFlo if I had to do it again. In fact, I might do so anyway. Having the adjustable fronts is a good thing.

problems you ran into: No alignment issues yet, but I will have my alignment shop install the camber kit next time around. From what they told me from the last alignment, they have pretty much run out of wiggle room in terms of adjustment. Also, one of my OME shocks failed. Anyone who wants the OME shocks/struts, keep in mind they only have a 1 year warranty. The surprisingly non-crappy Monroes I installed in the rear as replacements have a lifetime warranty and feel better than the OME.

what brand/size rims/tires your using: Nissan 16" stock OR wheels, Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs in the stock 265/75/16 size.

This is from this past August (with my old Revos):

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Model year-
2005 SE 4X4

Lift height:1", 2", 3" etc....-
2.5 F/R

Type of lift: suspension? body lift? or both?
Suspension

Brand: type of struts/springs used. Or type of spacer used, or both.(maybe posting a link to what you bought would help)
Rancho Quick Lift - 9 pos. adjustable front coilover stock spring, 9 pos. adjustable rear shock (RSX9000XL) with Quick Lift urethane spacer on stock coils with AirLift bags.

Hows the ride compared to stock-
Depends on the shock setting 0 = softer than stock 9 = Firmer than a drift car.

How long have you had the lift installed-
1 year/ 17,000 mi.

If you had to do it again would you change anything-
Would buy OME springs for the rear instead of the spacers, I have to keep about 10 psi in the bags to level it out at exactly 2.5" F/R otherwise it's 2.5"/2" F/R

problems you ran into-
None

See Sig, but would like to go larger on the tires preferably 295/65/18 GoodYear DuraTrac's. That would take me from 31.5" to 33"

It's a pic from last winter but it still looks the same (I need some recent full on pics)

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Here is the thread for the lift I have/had. I recently pulled the rear springs out and put the vehicle back to stock in the rear and have the front Bilsteins set at a 1/2 inch over stock height. The front is perfectly level with the rear now.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=3417

2005 SE 4X2

Front was at 2" (now at 1/2 inch)
Rear was at 2 3/4 inches (now stock)

Brand: Bilstein 5100 adjustable ride height struts up front, OME medium rear springs (It's back to stock spings in the rear now)

I had it this way for a 1 year.

The vehicle drove better than stock. The rear was too high and I never got an accurate alingment. I was considering going with spacers in the rear but ended up going back to stock and leveling out the front end.

I was contemplating trading in the truck but I'm going to keep it for at least another year, maybe longer.

Nice thing is I can change the lift back at any time if I decide. It's easy to do.

allisojh

Postby allisojh » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:38 pm

Whats the price range for a lift? installed + parts.

Thanks

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Thanks guys. Hopefully everyone with a lift on here can chime in eventually with there lift.
allisojh wrote:Whats the price range for a lift? installed + parts.

Thanks
Way to vague of a question. Your wallet is going to be the deciding factor.

There is A LOT of suspension thread started here since the site got going. I just spent the last 4 hrs(yes im bored as hell lol) going through 42 pages of threads. Kinda wish i copied the links somewhere and organized them. Well there always another night.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:33 am

Here's a good thread from sfinx...Radflo's in the front and OME springs in the rear.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=4192

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Last edited by NYPathfinder on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sfinx

Postby Sfinx » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:57 am

See Sig, but would like to go larger on the tires preferably 295/65/18 GoodYear DuraTrac's. That would take me from 31.5" to 33"

It's a pic from last winter but it still looks the same (I need some recent full on pics)
Image[/quote]

Hey Storm4.0.

I really liked ur car. Nice rims and tires :). I also have a 2.5" suspensionlift (Radflo) on my Pathfinder. And I am now searching for new wheels. Do you have any problems with rubbing with your dimension - 295/65/18?
I am thinking about 275/70/18, 285/70/17 or maybe 285/75/16. I am also looking at the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.
I see that rrpagoa got 275/70/18 Duratracs on his setup (he also got the same as me - Radflo). He mentioned something about doing the "melt-mod" etc. I would like some wheels and tires that doesnt need to much modding...

What kind of rims do you have? Got the specs?

Tez

Postby Tez » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:01 am

A Wiki would be a better place to oranize this information. I'm willing to work on it if Racer will install it.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:34 pm

Model year: 2005

Lift height: 2" - 2.5"

Type of lift: suspension lift

Brand: Rad-Stein-Cho: Radflo 2.0 coilovers standard travel with 650lb Eibach springs up front, HD Bilstein shocks with OEM springs and Rancho Spacers in the rear.

How's the ride compared to stock: The ride is more firm.

How long have you had the lift installed: 2 days

If you had to do it again would you change anything? N/A.

Problems you ran into: Frozen bushings in both rear lower links.

What brand/size rims/tires you're using: 18" G-FX OR7 with Good Year DuraTracs 275/65/18.

Stock height:

Lift 1 (AC Deluxe Suspension):

Lift 2 (front = Radflo 2.0 / rear = stock coil, Airlift 1000, Bilstein shocks, and Rancho spacers):
Last edited by goblue90 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:50 pm

Model year- 2006 SE

Lift height:2.25-2.5
Type of lift: Suspension
Brand: Bilstein 5100 adj. front shocks, AC rear lift coils

Hows the ride compared to stock-Firm, now it feels like a real suv and not a mini van

How long have you had the lift installed-Almost 1.5yrs

If you had to do it again would you change anything-This was a budget lift so no, but if money was not an issue than of course I would go with the coilovers or radflos and different upper control arms

problems you ran into-Nope, None

what brand/size rims/tires your using- Goodyear Authority AT 265/75/16, Stock Rims

Before Lift
After Lift
And Its Current State of Awesomness

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:36 pm

well the time has come to order my lift. Gonna be doing a semi budget 2" lift. Im going with Bilstein front struts for 2" of lift up front.(was debating on the rancho quick lift but heard they start to leak over time) and going to pair it with the rancho rear spring spacers and re use the factory springs along with the airbags.Debating on replacing the rear struts or not. Also ordering the alignment bolts for the rear. Trying to stay away from rear lift springs since from what i have read they lift the rear higher then my liking. For the "off roading" i do and the beach driving i will do in the summer should work out.

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:58 am

Sfinx wrote:Hey Storm4.0.

I really liked ur car. Nice rims and tires :). I also have a 2.5" suspensionlift (Radflo) on my Pathfinder. And I am now searching for new wheels. Do you have any problems with rubbing with your dimension - 295/65/18?
I am thinking about 275/70/18, 285/70/17 or maybe 285/75/16. I am also looking at the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.
I see that rrpagoa got 275/70/18 Duratracs on his setup (he also got the same as me - Radflo). He mentioned something about doing the "melt-mod" etc. I would like some wheels and tires that doesnt need to much modding...

What kind of rims do you have? Got the specs?
They are MB Motoring 72's 18x9 +18 offset with machined mirror finish. I'm not running the 295/65/18 yet, I want to wear out the Coopers first. The Coopers are 285/60/18 (31.5x11.2) and they dont rub one bit, so I feel safe to go with the 295/65 (33x11.6) with minimal rubbing with my setup.

Oh, and a buddy of mine has Kumho RoadVenture A/T KL78's (with the alternate sidewall) and they are full of awesome! They dont look as agressive as the Duratracs and have small side biter but they grip like crazy and make his Dodge get through nasty places. So you might want to check them out also.

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:28 am

NYPathfinder wrote:well the time has come to order my lift. Gonna be doing a semi budget 2" lift. Im going with Bilstein front struts for 2" of lift up front.(was debating on the rancho quick lift but heard they start to leak over time)
With the new design on the Rancho's they don't leak down (or can't), the valves are no longer air control. They now have a sealed internal vave with a knob on the shock body to adjust it. And the remote setup is now just a motor that turns the knob on the shock body without having to cause any leaks. So you can count Rancho out if you want, but don't be misinformed :)

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”