Hard Leather Seat

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

dagall

Hard Leather Seat

Postby dagall » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:32 am

Just bought the truck, love the looks and it drives nice, lots of power and room, but just can't get the driver seat right for comfort. It seems a bit hard as well. Truck had 25000 miles on it and is very clean, just not a real comfortable driver seat. It is a big turn off right now. Anybody else?

remyek

Postby remyek » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:48 am

have leather and have no complains... the only thing is that the sea is falling apart.... nissan quality?? Had numerous of Audi´s throught the year all with leather seats. They have had next to nothing of a wear... but this car, 50k km on the odo and it´s ripped two places, a seam going off and the mechanic parts of the seat is just CRAP and breaking down..

pathology

Postby pathology » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:31 am

I have the cloth seats, all in one piece, but incredibly uncomfortable. Apart from comfort, transmission lines in the radiator, headlights made from remains of the 1982 Blue Peter Christmas tree, a proclivity to throw codes and a trunk that wont stay open, this Pathfinder, is amazing?

driftedoffroad

Postby driftedoffroad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:25 am

I have leather with 129000 and no rips or tears but generally its not THE most comfortable seat but I don't think its too bad either. The upgrade would be to switch to the QX56 seats or whatever else they come in, loaded titans or armada's I would imagine. They are like couches :)

dagall

Postby dagall » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:30 am

The passenger seat seems very comfortable. I believe the driver seat to be hard due to the manual lumber in it. I can feel the bars going thru the middle of the seat. Is the something that Nissan would deal with or on my own?

SilverGhost

Re: Hard Leather Seat

Postby SilverGhost » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:15 pm

dagall wrote:Just bought the truck, love the looks and it drives nice, lots of power and room, but just can't get the driver seat right for comfort. It seems a bit hard as well. Truck had 25000 miles on it and is very clean, just not a real comfortable driver seat. It is a big turn off right now. Anybody else?
No complaints here. Truth is, though, that I've owned 4 Audi's and a Beemer, so I suppose they conditioned me to the PF's seats. I actually find them pretty comfortable, once my flat ass warms up the leather and foam. Considering that, the seat heaters actually mitigate the hardness issue in colder weather. I tend to forget about 'em, but they do make a difference.

The_David

Postby The_David » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:23 pm

I wouldn't say my seats are hard, but they are firm. It did take me a while to find the perfect position, and then saved that in the memory for sure. The leather shows little to no wear after 100k plus, but I do condition it once a year or so to keep the shine off. Also cleaning the perforations sucks!
My biggest complain it that the bench part is a little shallow and does not make it to the back of my knees; i'm only 5 foot 8, would hate to know what its like if I was taller. lumber adjustment is also lame.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”