Is it just me, or is the ABS system too good?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

2008PatherfinderS

Is it just me, or is the ABS system too good?

Postby 2008PatherfinderS » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:41 pm

Just wanted to find out if it's just me. Seems any time one of my four wheels even thinks about sliding while braking the ABS system cuts in. Makes a god awful grinding noise. While I am grateful the ABS system works, It seems to be very very touchy.

Steve

richardekirby

Re: Is it just me, or is the ABS system too good?

Postby richardekirby » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:54 pm

2008PatherfinderS wrote:Just wanted to find out if it's just me. Seems any time one of my four wheels even thinks about sliding while braking the ABS system cuts in. Makes a god awful grinding noise. While I am grateful the ABS system works, It seems to be very very touchy.

Steve
Yeah, It does make a loud noise when activating the ABS. I hit a patch of ice the other day while easing to a stop and had it activate. It is effective.

Memphis

Postby Memphis » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:43 pm

I tell ya, first time I drove it in the snow and it made that noise,, I FREAKED OUT.. but then realized it was suppose to be doing that lol.. but ya, I agree,, it locks in at the slightest lil slip...

I will say though,, the ABS is NICE... I have a right hand turn going onto my street that I live and when it snows, I make the turn and give it gas, and I cant even begin to get the damn car to wanna fish tale or anything with out the brakes and the VDC kicking it.. it works great!! So one time I decided to turn off the VDC,, and OMG it freaking did a full 180 and the before I hit the brakes fully and once I hit the brakes it slowed me down instantly and came to a safe stop.. It was rather nice to know how well the ABS and the VDC works on these pathfinders..

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”