Suburban imports of troy (Michigan)

Discuss your dealer buying and servicing experiences here. And just the facts mam, let's keep the libel to a minimum please.

Moderator: volvite

newpath

Suburban imports of troy (Michigan)

Postby newpath » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:45 pm

They were great at first. I came in 30 mins before closed and they stayed over an hour. I expected them to do this, but it was still nice that they didn't kick me out. I went to pick it up the next day after I was told that everything was ready. They made me wait 3 hours! They ran the financial stuff through wrong the first time. and my actual salesman didn't even sit with us for most of the time. If it wasn't for the fact that I really wanted the truck, and it was in excellent condition with very low miles (2002 pathfinder LE 58,000). I would have told them to suck it and left. Brian was my salesman's name. And he acted as if he had never done this before. He admitted being at this particular dealer for a short time, but he worked at another one before this. So I'm not sure what his deal was. The next day when I was removing the paper floor mats, I realized that the original floor mats were not there. No biggy as I remembered that they were all sitting in the very back when I test drove it. So I went and opened up the hatch and they weren't there. So I gave Brian a call to let him know that they weren't there. He calls me back saying they have them and I can come pick them up. I live over an hour away from this dealer so I asked if he could ship them to me because I could not afford to take time off work or out of school to go pick them up. And it wasn't like I left them there. They took them out (for what I assume to do touch up cleaning) so it's their mistake. And there was a chip in the windshield which they said they would fix the day we were picking it up. But after already being there the hours, I didn't have time to sit around for that. Especially when you can get window repair for free in meijer parking lots. I ended up having to talk to his boss and explain the entire situation. They did finally ship the mats to me. But I just felt like once they had me buying the car, they didn't care at all.

newpath

Postby newpath » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:42 am

Haven't gotten the warranty information in the mail yet (and I need it). So we called and they don't know where the stuff is. We have a copy saying we have the warranty. They just can't find the information or anything saying we have it. All it's going to take is for them to enter it in somehow, So I'm not worried about that. Just another issue I'm having with them. The manager has been doing a good job of taking care of us. It just seems that everyone else just doesn't know how to do their job.

Return to “Praise or Postal?”