Security System

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

outoforder

Security System

Postby outoforder » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:45 am

A few weeks ago I had my 2005 Pathy broken into on my driveway. The bastards ripped out my kenwood radio/GPS system. My front passenger window was broken to gain entry to the truck. In reading the manual it looks like an alarm is supposed to go off if the doors are opened without using the fob. The horn and lights are supposed to go off for 50 seconds. This may have happened, but I'm not sure as it was not parked very near to where I was sleeping. Anyone have any experience with our stock security and what happens when the car is broken in to?

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:01 am

first of all sorry bout your loss.

with my pathfinder, if u lock with the FOB and you are still inside the car. as soon as u open any door, the horn and lights will sound for 25 seconds.

bwareheim

Postby bwareheim » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:21 pm

Yeah i don't think anything happens if the window is broke and the door was never opened. You should look into the Viper 5701 Remote Start/ Security System, best purchase I have ever made. If you knock on the glass it will give a warning chirp; if the car is bumped again kind of hard or glass shatters the alarm will instantly go off and let you know on your key fob from about a mile away. It will also go off if they try to get in the hood of your car to disable the battery first. It is a great alarm system and the remote start is awesome too.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”