Bull Bars, Brush Guards and Tow Hooks

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

kazeej

Bull Bars, Brush Guards and Tow Hooks

Postby kazeej » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:49 am

I’ve been looking at bull bars and brush guards. Many of them require the removal of the tow hooks to install them. Is this something to be concerned about? If I removed the hooks, could that be a problem later if I have to be towed? I don’t off-road at all, so pulling someone out of a hole, or being pulled from a hole wouldn’t happen.
Is there a way to mount a bull bar or brush guard, and keep the tow hooks?

goblue90

Re: Bull Bars, Brush Guards and Tow Hooks

Postby goblue90 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:31 am

kazeej wrote:I’ve been looking at bull bars and brush guards. Many of them require the removal of the tow hooks to install them. Is this something to be concerned about? If I removed the hooks, could that be a problem later if I have to be towed? I don’t off-road at all, so pulling someone out of a hole, or being pulled from a hole wouldn’t happen.
Is there a way to mount a bull bar or brush guard, and keep the tow hooks?
I used to have a T&H bull bar installed on my Pathfinder LE and never even had a tow hook. Most of the bull bars I've seen utilize the 4 holes in the front, so I doubt you can mount both unless you have something custom fabricated.

kazeej

Postby kazeej » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:45 am

Turns out I don't even have tow hooks - yep actually LOOKED under the front end and discovered they're not there. It looks like they were there at one time, but someone decided before I bought my Pathy that I would be better off without them :? So it's a non-issue.
Sorry for wasting space...

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”