Entertainment system

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

volvite
Sponsored Member

Entertainment system

Postby volvite » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:32 pm

Hey all,

I have an 08 LE with Navigation, sat radio, back up camera, basically everything but the rear entertainment center. I was wondering if anyone knows if you can install an OEM entertainment center? If so, anyone know where to pick up a used system? Thanks.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:33 am

ebay is your best bet to find the oem unit. but you must find it with the pigtail. after searching for one with a pigtail i gave up and went aftermarket with an audiovox unit. check out this post
http://thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php? ... =acomiskey

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:26 am

Thanks. I've seen that thread, but I can't seem to find if he had the same bose head unit. I was thinking of going aftermarket as well. How has the audiovox unit held up? Anything you would do different?

acomiskey

Postby acomiskey » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:46 am

volvite wrote:Thanks. I've seen that thread, but I can't seem to find if he had the same bose head unit. I was thinking of going aftermarket as well. How has the audiovox unit held up? Anything you would do different?
I don't have nav, but it doesn't really matter as far as the rear entertainment goes. I just used the aux in line for audio from the dvd player.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:50 am

Ok. I didn't know that. Did you splice in from the rear? Also if you don't want to listen through the car speakers, can you still use the headphones?

acomiskey

Postby acomiskey » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:52 am

volvite wrote:Ok. I didn't know that. Did you splice in from the rear? Also if you don't want to listen through the car speakers, can you still use the headphones?
Yes, basically just split the audio, it goes to the back of the aux input plug and to the lcd unit, where it is transmitted over infrared to the headphones. I can use them independently or at the same time.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:05 pm

Thanks for the info. Next question, when I look for a used unit, what parts do i need to look for? The list I can think of is:

The screen/monitor
DVD player
Supporting wires from screen to dvd player

Not sure what else.

acomiskey

Postby acomiskey » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:31 am

volvite wrote:Thanks for the info. Next question, when I look for a used unit, what parts do i need to look for? The list I can think of is:

The screen/monitor
DVD player
Supporting wires from screen to dvd player

Not sure what else.
Thats all you need. I was lucky enough to get the dvd player and lcd with pigtails, so I had the connectors.....I then spliced my own wiring between the 2. The pigtails are hard or near impossible to find.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:00 pm

That's what I'm afraid of. Gotta find a wrecked one somewhere so I can crawl in at the junkyard and get the parts I need.

Joeyz

Postby Joeyz » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:31 am

Does someone have a model number for the AudioVox?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:00 am

I'm still looking to do this, and I don't have any update on part numbers. Sorry. If you find something, please post back here. Thanks

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:49 am

volvite wrote:Thanks. I've seen that thread, but I can't seem to find if he had the same bose head unit. I was thinking of going aftermarket as well. How has the audiovox unit held up? Anything you would do different?
the audiovox unit works flawlessly.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:12 pm

JAHBLESSINGS wrote:
the audiovox unit works flawlessly.
Thanks. Do you remember which model number you have? Also did you install it yourself or some other company?

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:44 am

i had a shop install it for me. could not find the time to tinker with it.
http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-VOD850-8 ... B002GHGZ0Y

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Thanks for the link. Looks like it's currently unavailable through Amazon. I might have to get a newer model, but possibly an Audiovox. Thanks for your help.

By chance do you have the sunroof in your pathfinder? I'm just trying to find out what an entertainment center would look like when installed with a sunroof.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”