lifting my 91 nissan pathfinder.

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

narothepharoh

lifting my 91 nissan pathfinder.

Postby narothepharoh » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:22 am

I want to lift my 91 pathfinder 3.0 4x4 manual tranny with IFS. I keep hearing mixed reviews about body lift. I just cant seem to find any suspension lift kits for it. any suggestions?

WheatBread

Postby WheatBread » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:45 am

I have both, the BL is cheap around $125 IIRC at 4x4parts.com, no probs with it and have had it on for about 5 years. If you go with a suspension lift Calmini offers one at a very high price IMO. You can get Rough Country Upper Control Arms (made by Superlift) and get some Jeep grand cherokee V8 front springs and put them in your rear end for rear lift. PM me if you want specifics

ringgoldpathfinder

Postby ringgoldpathfinder » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:24 am

I recently called Rough Country to order a set of UCA and the only way they will sell them is with a kit for the Nissan Hardbody that comes with parts to lift a rear end with leaf springs that would be useless to us. As far as I know the only UCA offered still is Calmini and Automotive Customizers, and the Calmini is really expensive and the AC ones have received a lot of complaints. I was pretty lost too when it came to lifting and just settled on a AC 3 inch body lift and that ended up being all I needed to fit my 33/12.50/15 tires anyway.

Simon

Postby Simon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:30 am

Suspension lifts can be done relatively cheaply if you look around for the right parts.

Try sourcing some IRONMAN suspension parts, they do a lot of stuff for older model vehicles.

I've just done a 2 inch lift all around my Pathfinder and apart from my having uprated suspension (about 25% more solid) and it's being very solid on the road, it's brilliant.

Personally I'd steer clear of a body lift until after a suspension lift is done, it's a false economy otherise. Check out my comments in this almost identical thread: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=5603 it might help.

But hey, your truck, your money, go with whatever feels right for you, but a body lift won't lift your chassis off the ground (which is what scrapes!)

Good luck whichever way you go.

Simon

WheatBread

Postby WheatBread » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 am

All good points but a body lift will allow you to fit larger tires which will get your chassis higher off the ground

drmsofrckclmbng

Postby drmsofrckclmbng » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:23 pm

Wat kind of lift do you get from gjc v8 springs? 2 or 3 inches

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”