Paint chipping from edges of hood!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Paint chipping from edges of hood!

Postby GOTGOO » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Anyone else having the paint chipping off the edges of the hood?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:06 pm

Sorry to see that. I don't have any yet. Turtle Wax has a wax called chipstix or something like that that has a stick to fill in come chips and then buff out. It worked really good on my old acura. it's worth a shot.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:07 am

Was the hood repainted? The paint is leaving the hood and iwill rust up soon. Get it repainted fast to stop it from spreading.

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:34 am

Nope thats factory paint, but its not down to bare metal......yet. I noticed it at the start of winter and it survived all the salt so i guess i'm safe from rust for now.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:06 pm

GOTGOO wrote:Nope thats factory paint, but its not down to bare metal......yet. I noticed it at the start of winter and it survived all the salt so i guess i'm safe from rust for now.
Are you sure that hood hasn't been re-painted? Did you buy the PF new? I'm way skeptical that factory paint would do that. Sorry, but it looks like a cheap, ham-fisted Maaco job to me.

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:47 pm

I bought with 50k on it, but it was one owner and i met the lady who traded it in. That would be a hard color to blend there would be some sign that it was sprayed. Lots of people have had problems with roof channels chipping and i've seen fenders on frontiers chipping and peeling all factory paint so who knows. I'm possitive its factory.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

GOTGOO wrote:I bought with 50k on it, but it was one owner and i met the lady who traded it in. That would be a hard color to blend there would be some sign that it was sprayed. Lots of people have had problems with roof channels chipping and i've seen fenders on frontiers chipping and peeling all factory paint so who knows. I'm possitive its factory.
I've noticed the clear coat on my roof is starting to peel right next to that channel. Also in the inside of my fenderells on the driver and passenger side.

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:37 pm

NYPathfinder wrote:I've noticed the clear coat on my roof is starting to peel right next to that channel. Also in the inside of my fenderells on the driver and passenger side.
That sucks! Luckly the hood is the only problem area for me. I mean look at this frontier though! We sure got some crappy paint!
Here is a pathy same fender!

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:07 pm

GOTGOO wrote:I bought with 50k on it, but it was one owner and i met the lady who traded it in. That would be a hard color to blend there would be some sign that it was sprayed. Lots of people have had problems with roof channels chipping and i've seen fenders on frontiers chipping and peeling all factory paint so who knows. I'm possitive its factory.
Yeah, the roof channels have been an issue for several folks. First time, though, that I've seen this hood-edge problem. It just looks very suspicious to this non-tech.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:11 pm

GOTGOO wrote: We sure got some crappy paint!
Again, that looks like a crappy re-paint. If that's truly original factory paint, a lot of us are in for serious problems! :roll:

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:43 pm

That pealing on the fender looks horrible. Stuff like that should be covered under some kind of extend warranty by Nissan.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”