Engine Oil Dipstick and WScreen Washer Container

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

lukkie

Engine Oil Dipstick and WScreen Washer Container

Postby lukkie » Sat May 14, 2011 12:42 pm

My 2002 Path was missing its engine oil dipstick when i bought it but i managed to buy one at a used car parts shop. However, i'm suspecting it's not the right dipstick. The engine oil is more than 8" above the H mark on the dipstick when i checked it (cold).

So it's either i have the wrong dipstick or my mechanic has overfilled the engine during the first service. I'm bothered cos i heard overfilling could cause breaks in engine seals. True?

Can anyone help to measure their own dipstick if their Path has the same engine as mine? Mine's engine is the VQ35DE and the car is the SE model. I'll compare the lenght of yours with mine.

The car is also missing the windscreen washer container and motor. I haven't managed to get this though. I'll appreciate if someone could snap a pic of theirs so i'll know what it looks like.

lukkie

Postby lukkie » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:03 am

Someone please help a brother. :(

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:39 am

sorry bro, i got the newer body, and couldnt find anything on google.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Engine Oil Dipstick and WScreen Washer Container

Postby eieio » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:42 pm

lukkie wrote:My 2002 Path was missing its engine oil dipstick when i bought it but i managed to buy one at a used car parts shop. However, i'm suspecting it's not the right dipstick. The engine oil is more than 8" above the H mark on the dipstick when i checked it (cold).

So it's either i have the wrong dipstick or my mechanic has overfilled the engine during the first service. I'm bothered cos i heard overfilling could cause breaks in engine seals. True?

Can anyone help to measure their own dipstick if their Path has the same engine as mine? Mine's engine is the VQ35DE and the car is the SE model. I'll compare the lenght of yours with mine.

The car is also missing the windscreen washer container and motor. I haven't managed to get this though. I'll appreciate if someone could snap a pic of theirs so i'll know what it looks like.
overfilling is not good
the excess oil will probably try to find it's way out any way it can :shock:
you could drain the oil & oil filter and then refill with the proper amount, and then check your dipstick and if necessary, calibrate it....... :)
sorry, can't help with the windscreen washer question as i don't have the same year/model either

Return to “General Automotive”