O2 sensor dummy

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

dknolte

O2 sensor dummy

Postby dknolte » Wed May 18, 2011 7:50 pm

My job is taking me to Africa and I will be dragging my 2007 pathfinder with me. Where I will be, I will only have leaded fuel, so I will have my Cat removed but I'm concerned about my O2 sensors, as this vehicle will someday be where there is only unleaded fuel again. I'm looking for dummy replacements or plans to build my own. Any ideas? Also, I understand there are 4 sensors. Correct?

If you can help me, I'll dance at your next wedding provided alcohol is provided!

disallow
Site Admin

Re: O2 sensor dummy

Postby disallow » Thu May 19, 2011 7:01 am

dknolte wrote:My job is taking me to Africa and I will be dragging my 2007 pathfinder with me. Where I will be, I will only have leaded fuel, so I will have my Cat removed but I'm concerned about my O2 sensors, as this vehicle will someday be where there is only unleaded fuel again. I'm looking for dummy replacements or plans to build my own. Any ideas? Also, I understand there are 4 sensors. Correct?

If you can help me, I'll dance at your next wedding provided alcohol is provided!
Yes there are 4 sensors. You could probably remove them and put plugs in the holes and just drive with the SES light on. If you don't want to do that, there are dummy sensors available out there, google or ebay have them. They just provide a little resistance to simulate the O2 sensor.

t

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Thu May 19, 2011 9:26 am

After all the expense and time to modify, both before & after trip, and then be subject to vandalism or theft while over there because it stands out as different (USA owner), please explain the advantage of hauling it over there. Are cars that expensive or hard to get in that country? Wouldn’t a “Range Rover” type be an experience never forgotten? Just some thoughts that I had.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu May 19, 2011 11:59 am

There are O2 sensor simulators that work well. Used them on my 04 Mazda 6.

NVRDONE

Postby NVRDONE » Wed May 25, 2011 2:19 pm

where can we buy these o2 simulators ????

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed May 25, 2011 7:00 pm

Ask, and you shall recieve: 02simulator.com

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”