Parking sensors on Pathfinder LE 2007 126kW manual trans.

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

smarty

Parking sensors on Pathfinder LE 2007 126kW manual trans.

Postby smarty » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Hello,

Yesterday when I went out of home I put on reverse and parking sensors were beeping. Soo if I also try to park near wall parking sensors are beeping all the time and they stop only if I put on out of reverse.

What should be wrong? Anyone have same situation. Sensors are beeping all the time if I put on reverse... It is anoying and also not useless if I want to park reverse near to some objects.

Regards,

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:46 pm

could be one faulty sensor.

try disconnecting the sensors one by one till you isolate the one causing the issue.
also may happen if u have any bumper damage

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:59 pm

So if I understand you correctly, the parking sensors will beep constantly when you have the transmission in Reverse regardless of whether or not there are any objects near you?

As mar1 said, it could be a bad sensor or could be a problem with the circuit board that controls this feature. You could try just disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. That would reset the microcontroller. I imagine this module isn't powered when the truck is off, but you never know how it's designed.

If you're handy enough to track down the sensors as mar1 suggested, try measuring the voltage with your multimeter and see if you notice any differences on any of the sensors. If not, you may have a bad circuit board.

smarty

Postby smarty » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:20 am

AZ_Path wrote:So if I understand you correctly, the parking sensors will beep constantly when you have the transmission in Reverse regardless of whether or not there are any objects near you?

As mar1 said, it could be a bad sensor or could be a problem with the circuit board that controls this feature. You could try just disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. That would reset the microcontroller. I imagine this module isn't powered when the truck is off, but you never know how it's designed.

If you're handy enough to track down the sensors as mar1 suggested, try measuring the voltage with your multimeter and see if you notice any differences on any of the sensors. If not, you may have a bad circuit board.
Correct. It is beeping all the time in reverse if are object near or not.
I will try to disconnect battery first but will I damage something? Let's say computer or reset something?

If this won't help I will try all 4 connectors. Is connector easy to pull out from the bumper? Or I need to check them under the car?

smarty

Postby smarty » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:06 am

Today we went to the sea and now we came back home. When I went reverse when I parked the sensors were OK.
Strange but happy :))

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:18 am

Glad it's working correctly now. Hopefully it stays that way.

To answer your question, no you will not damage anything by disconnecting your battery. You radio stations and seat memory may have to be reprogrammed, but that should be it.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”