Factory Paint Warranty

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Brokentoy1

Factory Paint Warranty

Postby Brokentoy1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:18 am

How long is the factory warranty on the paint. The dealership where I bought the Pathfinder said 3 yr 36,000 the local dealer says 12 month 12,000. Which is correct? Thanks.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Factory Paint Warranty

Postby eieio » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:57 am

Brokentoy1 wrote:How long is the factory warranty on the paint. The dealership where I bought the Pathfinder said 3 yr 36,000 the local dealer says 12 month 12,000. Which is correct? Thanks.
from what i read, your selling dealer was correct:
http://www.nissanusa.com/content/dam/ni ... _N_WIB.pdf
what's wrong with your paint?

Brokentoy1

Postby Brokentoy1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:48 pm

The paint is coming off the back edge on the passenger side close to the windshield. The local dealer said the people that replaced the windshield did it. I was like really, that's funny, its never been replaced. Then he said you must have opened the hood with the wipers folded up. He proceeded to check, and they were not even close. So he just told me that I must have hit something and it is not warranted. I said nevermind I'll take it where I bought if from at least they care about their customers and service... Just half to get them time, it will be like a 2.5 - 3 hour round trip.

Brokentoy1

Postby Brokentoy1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:50 pm

Oh, and F' Conklin Cars.....huge dealership, shitty service. You don't get that large by being nice.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:17 pm

it's always amazed me how hard some dealerships will try to avoid doing a warranty repair
in all my years as a service manager, i earned some of my best customers by being open-minded about their warranty concerns, no matter where they purchased their vehicle
everyone that drives in that driveway is potentially a good customer
many of my service customers later purchased new or used vehicles from us, simply because they felt welcome and cared about

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”