Gass mileage for 05 Pathfinder 2wd LE

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

oldnbold

Postby oldnbold » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:59 am

ramseyspath wrote:well just picked pathfinder up for ECM relay recall, but i'm still having the noise (no pwr and clicking noise) issue and dealership calls and says cat bank 1 (clogged) and cat bank 2 (breaking down) and timing chain noise (timing chains, cam seals, guide) needs to be replaced ..... total would be $4200!!!!!!!!!! i said hell no .... i'll come get the truck!

any ideas guys??????? a friend of mine is a svc guy at Chevrolet dealership and he says it sounds like from what im saying it could very well be cats! i just dont want to get into all the nickel and diming trying to nail down the prob!
You may be SOL. My cat's on the 05 went bad at about 135K. I opted for aftermarket benchmark brand cats...$350 each and that cured that issue. My 05 was one of the 1st to have the timing chain clatter problem at 42K. I'm a pretty good wrench myself and as the noise got louder and more persistent at 35K I took it in while under warranty for diagnosis. They were clueless and at that time there were no TSB's out about that issue. At 42K it was loud enough to pinpoint the noise and Nissan warrantied it (thank God). I kept the 05 till 185K. I was a poster child as I had all the same problems everyone here seems to have, but I liked the truck enough to buy another newer model.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:38 pm

Drove 300mi this weekend, to Grand Forks and back. Burnt 18 gallons of fuel. That makes for 16.7USMPG. Average speed (once on the states side) was 80MPH.

Can't really complain too much, though I used to get much, much better fuel economy. Now to get my new O2 sensors installed, and do the same run. I wonder if there will be a difference?

t

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Did about 500 miles this weekend myself. Was running 75-80mph with the entire fam, weekend bags, golf clubs, and two fat dogs for the first 150 miles and averaged 20.5mpg. Then did about 100 miles solo down to KY Raceway for nascar....sat in traffic for FOUR hours getting in. Avg dropped to 18.5 by the time I got parked. Left the super boring race early to avoid another traffice jam and so that helped the 100 mile return up to 19mpg. Another 150 miles home got the average back up to 19.5 This is the first long trip with all the family onboard that we weren't towing. I usually get 22mpg solo on long highway trips...so 500 or so lb of gear will cost you a solid 1-2mpg. Not nearly as comfy as the wifey's mega-van with that kind of load...and about 4mpg less than it averages. But I wasn't going to chance taking her vehicle into KY speedway parking lot (aka "a hilly pasture") and getting stuck.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:08 pm

skinny2 wrote:Did about 500 miles this weekend myself. Was running 75-80mph with the entire fam, weekend bags, golf clubs, and two fat dogs for the first 150 miles and averaged 20.5mpg. Then did about 100 miles solo down to KY Raceway for nascar....sat in traffic for FOUR hours getting in. Avg dropped to 18.5 by the time I got parked. Left the super boring race early to avoid another traffice jam and so that helped the 100 mile return up to 19mpg. Another 150 miles home got the average back up to 19.5 This is the first long trip with all the family onboard that we weren't towing. I usually get 22mpg solo on long highway trips...so 500 or so lb of gear will cost you a solid 1-2mpg. Not nearly as comfy as the wifey's mega-van with that kind of load...and about 4mpg less than it averages. But I wasn't going to chance taking her vehicle into KY speedway parking lot (aka "a hilly pasture") and getting stuck.
I find you can't trust the on board computer for exact calculations. Did you keep track of your fuel in?

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:56 pm

disallow wrote:I find you can't trust the on board computer for exact calculations. Did you keep track of your fuel in?
Mine is usually quite close if I reset the guage at every fill. Usually within 1 or 2 tenths. For this trip I let it go the entire trip since I had to top-off a couple times. I kept track of gallons at each fill though and will check the math tomorrow when I fillup. FWIW, I do run some combination of premium fuel.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”