chip tuing to change tranny shift points

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

oldnbold

chip tuing to change tranny shift points

Postby oldnbold » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:17 am

Is there a way to change the shift points on my '11 pathy to raise the shift points when towing. This is my second pathy, an 05 was 1st and now this '11. The 05 had the O/D off button and when towing, that tranny was ALWAYS in the correct gear. For that matter, towing or not, it was always in the right gear. This '11 is always shifting up until the engine is lugging and is a plain nuisance when towing, even when shifted down tp 4th. Besides being sluggish while under load, I'm concerned about the heat being generated in the tranny from being in to tall a gear.

Anyone have a good solution?

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:23 pm

I went from 06 to 2011 model and have noticed thje same thing. The sftware must bee different on these and i think by upshifting quicker it is geared for better fuel economy. I liked the 06 shifting better, but overall the newer one seems much smoother and quieter ride - I do not hear the engine noise as much. This is a good trade-off I suppose. While for normal driving it is ok, I see how it can be an issue when towing. I wonder you you can ask the dealer to do saftware re-flash to go to the older version?

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:00 am

from what ive been told u cany flash back because of the new emission laws that passed and also the new tune gives it more power with near same parts

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”