TPMS Warning Light

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Gpa Ed

TPMS Warning Light

Postby Gpa Ed » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:49 pm

I just replaced a broken TPMS sensor and the warning light continues to blink for awhile then stay solid after a bit. Bought the sensor new (online) from Schrader Airwave. Tire shop said to drive it a couple of miles and it should turn off - it didn't. Any suggestions? BTW dealership wanted $163 for the part - I paid $63 for part and shipping.

res0ippr

Postby res0ippr » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Was it activated? Because they are usually sent asleep and you gotta get it activated.

I got mind checked by a tire shop and all four couldn't be detected. Go figure. I gave up on sensors and simply check the old fashion way and ignore the light.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:18 pm

I have not had to replace mine, but I hate too many gadgets to tell me about things I should check in the first place. One more thing dealers can make money. When it comes down to it and I have the light on my dash, I'll probably do the same thing and ignore the light or take the dash apart and remove that bulb. :?

John

Postby John » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:43 am

I think it has to be programmed with the dealer or any tire shop, so your computer can recognize it.

jetwrangler

Postby jetwrangler » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:04 am

Thank the Gov for this one. All vehicles I think 04 and up have to have TPMS. Battled with mine for a while luckily turned out to be something else. There is a sequence to re-activate them. Its similar to turning on a Bluetooth with your phone. I know you have to let the vehicle sit for 20 minutes with so much pressure in the tires upon initial installation. Dorman (link below) is the manufacturer of the TPMS in the Nissan pathfinders. I would contact them to see what there sequence is for activation.

http://www.dormanproducts.com/default.aspx

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:14 am

Return to “General Automotive”