finally done with it.

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:25 am

BattleWagon wrote:4Runner. Body on frame, available locker, plus it's a Toyota.
Which is borderline full-size now. Either way the 4Runner will be the only choice, so basically nothing to pick from. Toyota might be a plus...my last couple have not been impressive and I specifically went with the PF over ther 4R. If off-roading for sport is your thing then 4R will be about the only choice in something decent to daily drive.

oreogaborio

Postby oreogaborio » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:05 pm

The only other SUV that I even considered getting besides the PF was the 4runner. Everything else is unreliable, too big or too soft in comparison.

Lovin my PF though. Saved a ton of money on it over the 4runner. Paid 14k out the door for it. Comparable 4runners of the same vintage & condition were 18k+

I say good riddance to this guy. Sounds like he's got a chip on his shoulder & a stick up his ass cuz he sure is butt hurt :wink:

ruby2006

Postby ruby2006 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:13 pm

I'm sorry but isn't Toyota the hated rival of all other car manufacturers? American car devotees hate them because they are a Japanese manufacturer racing in NASCAR, they are rivals to other Japanese car entusiasts, and those hot shot true European guys don't care for anything that comes from anywhere else. So how is going to a Toyota any different that going to an American SUV?

selliott

Postby selliott » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:49 pm

I have 175k on my r51 and i have not been nice to it and yet it doesnt leak or burn anything. It just takes all the abuse I can throw at it and it just smiles back ready for more.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Good to hear high mileage and long lasting trucks. Forums seem to portray the problems people have with their vehicles, but that's to be expected. Those that don't have problems don't need to look up help. They just drive on.

Selliott, thanks for posting the good side of the r51.

dared3vil00

Postby dared3vil00 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:24 pm

shoulda kept with it, i had an 05 that i didn't see for a year as it was in the shop with an undiagnosed problem... (idiots at the local nissan dealer put in to small of a bypass cooler... resulted me in killing 3 trannys.)had it now for about a year and a half (in working condition) and i would NEVER trade it in on anything except a newer R51 pathy, they're great weekend off roaders, great in the snow, good passing/towing power and look awesome. well you won't be missed anyways, thanks for selling your truck to someone who will (hopefully) enjoy it.

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:24 am

skinny2 wrote:
BattleWagon wrote:4Runner. Body on frame, available locker, plus it's a Toyota.
Which is borderline full-size now. Either way the 4Runner will be the only choice, so basically nothing to pick from. Toyota might be a plus...my last couple have not been impressive and I specifically went with the PF over ther 4R. If off-roading for sport is your thing then 4R will be about the only choice in something decent to daily drive.
And still the 4 Runner will only tow up to 5000lbs with its V6. What a joke!

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:26 pm

selliott wrote:I have 175k on my r51 and i have not been nice to it and yet it doesnt leak or burn anything. It just takes all the abuse I can throw at it and it just smiles back ready for more.
That's very encouraging as I plan on keeping my Pathfinder until it hits 200k.

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:11 pm

skinny2 wrote: Either way the 4Runner will be the only choice, so basically nothing to pick from. Toyota might be a plus...my last couple have not been impressive and I specifically went with the PF over ther 4R.
Just looked at AutoTrader Online pricing for the 4Runner in used. Now I know why I went with the PF 2 yr ago. Money. 5 grand less. Looks like I will hang on a few more yrs.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”