I'm not sure how she did it, but I need help fixing it.

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

AZRoushStang

I'm not sure how she did it, but I need help fixing it.

Postby AZRoushStang » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:25 pm

So somehow the wife managed to pop up the trim from the shifter when she placed it into park. Does anyone know how to take it all apart so that I might be able to put it back together?

Here's a pic that I can't seem to embed.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/W ... directlink

madrock

Postby madrock » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:16 pm

Your picture isn't coming up. If you're talking about the black trim around the shifter, it is pretty easy. Set the e-brake, pull the shifter into drive (don't start the engine) and then pull up the metallic trim piece. You just need to pull it up enough that you have enough room to work. Be careful because that trim piece is connected to the 4WD/VDC switch if you have them. Once you put the trim back on, line up the clips and push down.

AZRoushStang

Postby AZRoushStang » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:27 pm

The pic should be fixed now...fogot to make it publicly visible.

No I'm not talking about the black rubber trim, it is actually the silver/grey piece that is enclosed by the black rubber trim.

It is popped up and I can't seem to get it to seat right to get it to stay down.

Thanks!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:51 am

Download the service manual from this site. It lists the procedure for removing that plastic trim so that you can get the shifter trim exposed. First thing you do is pop off the cup holder trim, which is pretty easy. I seem to remember a bolt or 2 that have to come out before you can remove the larger curved trim that the shifter sticks out of. You may not even have to completely remove this piece, but I'm not sure how much room you'll have.

AZRoushStang

Postby AZRoushStang » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:37 am

Thanks!

Got it fixed...she promises not to muck it up again.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”