"Top" glove compartment

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

openspaces

"Top" glove compartment

Postby openspaces » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:52 pm

Not really sure what happened but the latch that holds the cover shut can now rotate enough to let the cover open.

Question one: has this happened to anyone and can it be fixed?

Question two: Assuming it can't be fixed can the cover be removed (relatively easy)

aadadams

Re: "Top" glove compartment

Postby aadadams » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:46 am

openspaces wrote:Not really sure what happened but the latch that holds the cover shut can now rotate enough to let the cover open.

Question one: has this happened to anyone and can it be fixed?

Question two: Assuming it can't be fixed can the cover be removed (relatively easy)
While mine does not rotate open yet. The latch/handle is obviously bad. I'd love to fix it... Hope an answer comes along soon...

openspaces

Re: "Top" glove compartment

Postby openspaces » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:57 am

Just got back from dealership and the latch is not repairable. You can buy just the lid for $550 or the lid as a larger assembly fir around $225. I asked the guy to double check cause it seemed the prices were switched but he confirmed they're correct.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:43 am

try scrapyards. you can probly buy an entire dashboard for that price.

ThePolarBear

Postby ThePolarBear » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:12 pm

Yeah, Im sitting at Nissan right now having this replaced under warranty. Out of nowhere - it just started popping open on me.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”