Issue with filling up..

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

mcxstar01

Issue with filling up..

Postby mcxstar01 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Alright I've been running into two issues lately, one possibly caused by the other.

I started getting a "Service Engine Soon" light, supposedly associated with my gas cap and it not venting properly (this is what I was told). So I went out and bought a new gas cap and the "Service Engine Soon" light went away for awhile.

Well now it's back, and more recently everytime I try to fill up my gas tank it backs up and gas comes pouring out of the fill. This happens when I pump the fuel in at the fastest fill rate provided by any gas station nozzle. I need to pump in the gas very very slowly for it to take.

Any idea's what could be causing this?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Issue with filling up..

Postby eieio » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:15 pm

mcxstar01 wrote:Alright I've been running into two issues lately, one possibly caused by the other.

I started getting a "Service Engine Soon" light, supposedly associated with my gas cap and it not venting properly (this is what I was told). So I went out and bought a new gas cap and the "Service Engine Soon" light went away for awhile.

Well now it's back, and more recently everytime I try to fill up my gas tank it backs up and gas comes pouring out of the fill. This happens when I pump the fuel in at the fastest fill rate provided by any gas station nozzle. I need to pump in the gas very very slowly for it to take.

Any idea's what could be causing this?
this, maybe...........
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/badda ... 7-060a.pdf

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”