What have you done for your pathy lately?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

kelleyo

What have you done for your pathy lately?

Postby kelleyo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:55 am

Thank god for 60K powertrain warranty and the extended plan that I bought from Carmax.

Timing chain and tensioners replaced under warranty (loud whining sound)

Subwoofer's replaced ($70 deductible) from extended plan. They were blown bad.

Fixed squeaks (think it was the hood)

New cabin filter.

Front brake job.

Next up is tires.
Last edited by kelleyo on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

nutbar78

Postby nutbar78 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:26 am

Thats definitely a nice refresh. Just got my truck, 3K miles in and all Ive done is K&N filter, new wiper blades and tranny bypass (I think my vac plugs are leaking, starting to notice a little anti-freeze smell every once in a while).

I owe her an oil change next!

Baedarlboo

Postby Baedarlboo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:30 am

nutbar78 wrote:Thats definitely a nice refresh. Just got my truck, 3K miles in and all Ive done is K&N filter, new wiper blades and tranny bypass (I think my vac plugs are leaking, starting to notice a little anti-freeze smell every once in a while).

If the vac plug indeed is leaking, then your radiator has failed and is leaking coolant in to the trans cooler.

kelleyo

Postby kelleyo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:17 am

nutbar78 wrote:Thats definitely a nice refresh. Just got my truck, 3K miles in and all Ive done is K&N filter, new wiper blades and tranny bypass (I think my vac plugs are leaking, starting to notice a little anti-freeze smell every once in a while).

Yep,
I did a new battery, intake air filter, and wiper blades about 2 months ago.
Last edited by kelleyo on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:29 am

I've added 4 Nitto Crossteks, new radiator, front and rear brakes and rotors, changed brake fluid, changed power steering fluid, cabin air filters, engine air filter, and an oil change. I will replace front blades soon, but otherwise that's it until spring when I will do the Air Lift 1000 and some other things. Hopefully, I can retrofit HIDs into some OEM headlamp housings i picked up during the fall/winter months.

Question: Anyone vouch for the induction cleaning of the intake? It was recommended but I opted out of it.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:45 am

aadadams wrote:Question: Anyone vouch for the induction cleaning of the intake? It was recommended but I opted out of it.
I'd avoid this. Nissan MAF sensors are really sensitive, also you have the sensors in the DBW throttle assembly to worry about.

t

kelleyo

Postby kelleyo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:26 am

I hate MAF's! My other car is a BMW M5 and it has 2 MAF's. They are $250 each. I just put a tune in the car from Evolve that eliminates the MAF's altogether! Its called Alpha-N. She runs like a dream now.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:32 am

disallow wrote:
aadadams wrote:Question: Anyone vouch for the induction cleaning of the intake? It was recommended but I opted out of it.
I'd avoid this. Nissan MAF sensors are really sensitive, also you have the sensors in the DBW throttle assembly to worry about.

t
x2. Whatever you do, don't let a shop convince you to run the BG induction service on your pathfinder... totally messed up my throttle body leading to a CEL and rough idle. I ended up buying a new TB and installing it myself. That was a huge lesson learned for me.

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:50 am

Goblue,
It was your experience that I remembered when I declined. Glad this forum exists! Thanks all!

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:19 pm

disallow wrote:

t
Same for seafoam or different story?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:24 pm

volvite wrote:
disallow wrote:

t
Same for seafoam or different story?
I think so. Seafoam goes in after all the sensitive intake sensors. Its supposed to be O2 sensor safe. I think you'd be fine.

found

Postby found » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:32 am

- Amsoil rear diff fluid / amsoil engine oil / amsoil absolute efficency air filter @ 1,200 mi
- Air lift 1000 @ 5,000mi

now have 5,500 mi on it :-)

nutbar78

Postby nutbar78 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Baedarlboo wrote:

If the vac plug indeed is leaking, then your radiator has failed and is leaking coolant in to the trans cooler.
I am going to pull off the skid plate and take a look. If the rad did fail I guess i should bring it into Nissan, but is it worth it? Did anyone ever get a definitive from Nissan, "yes this radiator is better than the one it is replacing. No it will not fail like the original"?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:38 pm

nutbar78 wrote:(I think my vac plugs are leaking, starting to notice a little anti-freeze smell every once in a while).
what's a vac plug? :?

nutbar78

Postby nutbar78 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:56 pm

eieio wrote:
nutbar78 wrote:(I think my vac plugs are leaking, starting to notice a little anti-freeze smell every once in a while).
what's a vac plug? :?
You know the little rubber caps you put over the in/out fittings when doing the bypass.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”