Bull Bar Install

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

hfrez

Bull Bar Install

Postby hfrez » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:56 pm

I just got done installing my new Bull Bar this weekend. I bought one through Autoanything from Steelcraft for $209 out the door. Price was excellent and I do not care if it says Westin or Bully in the front. It is made of the same material and has the same quality of workmanship.

The install was easy enough. It just needed a bit of manipulating when it came to cutting out the lower bumper shroud. One hole already exists where the tow hook would normally be installed on the passenger side but the other needs to be cut out. In addition to cutting out the whole it was necessary to cut extra slots because the bracket needs the room to stick forward for the bull bar mounting (see pic with red circle).
Other than that it was a breeze. It looks great just look at the pictures. I hope more of you Pathy driver decide to do this because I think it really looks great on the truck.

BTW: Do not expect or think this is a real Bull Bar that will knock anything out of its way or you can push other cars with it. It is for show only and maybe for some a choice for a light bar but nothing more. These bars are not sturdy enough to withhold pressure from pushing another vehicle. In fact it may cause more damage to your vehicle than without. I can sit on it with my 250lbs but if I jump up and down on it will move.

Sometime in the near future I will install some lights on it but until then I'm just going to enjoy it the way it looks.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:15 am

Looks good on your white Pathfinder.

08PathLBC

Postby 08PathLBC » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:05 am

Your Pathy looks awesome. I want to install one myself pretty soon. What did you use to cut out the slots on the bumper? Also my concern is where would the license plate go? Here in California we need to display the front lic plate all the time.

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:33 am

08PathLBC wrote:Your Pathy looks awesome. I want to install one myself pretty soon. What did you use to cut out the slots on the bumper? Also my concern is where would the license plate go? Here in California we need to display the front lic plate all the time.
I used a Dremel tool to cut out the holes underneath the bumper. Pretty easy really.

When you shop for the Bullbar of your choice you will need to also buy a license plate relocater. Most Bullbar manufacturers will have one available.
Last edited by hfrez on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

08PathLBC

Postby 08PathLBC » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:30 pm

hfrez wrote:
I used a Dremel tool to cut out the wholes underneath the bumper. Pretty easy really.

When you shop for the Bullbar of your choice you will need to also buy a license plate relocater. Most Bullbar manufacturers will have one available.
Great, thanks for the advise. I've been looking into some brands with the plate re locators included. I'll be getting it sometime next month.

tjessup

Postby tjessup » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:06 pm

Looks great! I'm hoping to install one on mine in the near future.

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:44 pm

:D Yeah man. It still looks good after 4 years being installed.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:39 pm

I have the exact same bull bar on my 2012 love the look.

ThisGuy88

Bull Bar install issue

Postby ThisGuy88 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:41 am

I actually just bought a Steel Craft from CarID but I am having an issue with installation. With following the instructions and mounting the bar it doesn't seat correctly. It doesn't come up as far as yours does. I am actually thinking they sent me the wrong brackets. For my bar to sit correctly the way it should I have to only use the two front bolts on the bar and not the two back ones. Can you take a picture of how the brackets fit under your Pathfinder? I want to see if I either did something wrong or they sent the wrong brackets for this style pathfinder.

Rogue9

Postby Rogue9 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:33 pm

Youre right not much good to push with but it will save you a ton in careless parking dings and dents. Not so much your own but from people who can't park.

I've never hit my bar on anything but it's covered in scratches and scuffs.
ok I lied I plowed into a snow pile for fun and bent that sheet metal beween the bar itself... :D :D
I'll have to take it off and hammer it out one day.

I had my Path for 3 days before I watched someone parallel and hit my bumper. Got the bar right after that.

Same goes for my trailer hitch. paints all chipped off the back and it's not from me.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”