Overheating brakes

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

res0ippr

Overheating brakes

Postby res0ippr » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:27 pm

I had this pathfinder and never a problem. Now problems are starting...1. the shifter wont come out of park; 2. The DVC and traction lights come on. 3. The front brakes were smoking after driving 3 miles. How are they all related? HELP! Please.

I can't afford to take it to the dealer. It probably can't make it either.

Its a 2006 pathfinder se 2wd.

valenburg

Postby valenburg » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:19 am

Sounds like a seized caliper. Since the VDC uses the braking system, it makes sense to me.

res0ippr

Postby res0ippr » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:36 pm

Just in case you have same problem...

It started with shift locked in park. I unmounted the pedal switches and didn't put them back flushed with the pedal. This made the brake system think I was lightly applying the brakes. The system kicked in after driving for a while and "helped" by increasing brake pressure. This locked the brakes and caused them to overheat. FIX. Calibrate both switches to get flushed with pedal. Nissan wanted $130 to do this and I did it in 5 seconds.

Overheating brakes caused rotors to warp. Nissan wanted $300 to turn all four. I'm turning them tomorrow at local shop for $50.

Shift locked because soda leaked over time to the shifter and damaged the "interlock" solenoid. Dealer wanted $360 to replace this. I think I can unmount four bolts and clean it to see if it works.

Got a free diagnosis as I went to get the relay recall done. So thank you Nissan but no thanks.This emphasizes my signature below...

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”